CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lanterne Rouge (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=139812)

Carl Sundquist July 23rd 06 07:26 PM

Lanterne Rouge

Since Casper finished 83rd on the stage, it seems like he could have gotten
a flat w/ 5k to go or hidden in the bushes while Vansevenant unknowingly
rode by or _something_. Evdidently Vansevenant felt it necessary to employ
such tactics as well.

Bounty Bob July 25th 06 12:56 PM

Lanterne Rouge

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Since Casper finished 83rd on the stage, it seems like he could have gotten
a flat w/ 5k to go or hidden in the bushes while Vansevenant unknowingly
rode by or _something_. Evdidently Vansevenant felt it necessary to employ
such tactics as well.

Superb effort by Vansevenant to get 2 minutes on the last stage just
amazing. I thought that 6 seconds sprint bonus had actually ruined
it for him.

ilan July 25th 06 04:55 PM

Lanterne Rouge

The last stage rode right by the bike shop of 1972 Lanterne Rouge Alain
Bellouis,
which is near the start of the cote de Gif-sur-Yvette.

-ilan