CycleBanter.com

-   -   Killer driver's wriggle fails (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=258466)

Simon Mason[_6_] November 17th 19 03:18 PM

Killer driver's wriggle fails

QUOTE:
A man has been found guilty of driving dangerously and causing the death of a teenage cyclist.

Ryan Willoughby-Oakes, a trainee electrician from Coventry, was 17 when he was hit and killed on Binley Road in the city on 5 October last year.

Tajinder Singh Rai, 37, of Chelney Walk, Coventry, denied causing his death by dangerous driving but was +++convicted+++ (EMPHASIS MINE) at Birmingham Crown Court.

He will be sentenced at the same court on 19 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-50422446

jnugent November 17th 19 04:27 PM

On 17/11/2019 15:18, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man has been found guilty of driving dangerously and causing the death of a teenage cyclist.

Ryan Willoughby-Oakes, a trainee electrician from Coventry, was 17 when he was hit and killed on Binley Road in the city on 5 October last year.

Tajinder Singh Rai, 37, of Chelney Walk, Coventry, denied causing his death by dangerous driving but was +++convicted+++ (EMPHASIS MINE) at Birmingham Crown Court.

He will be sentenced at the same court on 19 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-50422446

I understand that it is common for suspects to plead not guilty when
charged with an offence.

Remember the yob who killed a female pedestrian and not only pleaded NG
but tried to claim that it was all her fault that he was riding like a
loony on an unroadworthy bike?

jnugent November 17th 19 05:18 PM

On 17/11/2019 17:12, Simon Jester wrote:

[...]

Wise saws and modern instances.

[You can Google it.]

PS: The convicted defendants sound as bad as each other, don't they?

Simon Jester November 17th 19 06:21 PM

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 5:18:12 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

So your internet privileges have been revoked again.
What did you do this time?

Simon Mason[_6_] November 17th 19 07:13 PM

Killer driver's wriggle fails

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 3:18:15 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

More from the local rag.

QUOTE:

"Police eventually charged Tajinder Singh Rai with causing Ryan's death by dangerous driving and he stood trial at Birmingham Crown Court this week having denied the charge.

And today (November 14) a jury returned a guilty verdict after deliberating for almost five hours."

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...trial-17256627

jnugent November 17th 19 11:26 PM

On 17/11/2019 18:21, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

What?

Are you sure you don't need a lie-down in a darkened room?

Simon Jester November 17th 19 11:59 PM

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 11:26:17 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Unlike you I get to decide when I turn the lights off in my bedroom.

jnugent November 18th 19 12:00 AM

On 17/11/2019 23:59, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

That is far from certain (in multiple ways).

Simon Jester November 18th 19 12:25 AM

On Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:00:35 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Please elaborate with independently verifiable evidence.