CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trading up trike question??? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=26304)

Robert Kline July 20th 04 11:45 PM

Trading up trike question???

I currently have a 2 year old EZ-3 Trike with a Currie Power Assist, a
2001 Rans Rocket and a Quadribent. The EZ-3 was for my wife. Now that I
have the Quadribent, my wife doesn't use the EZ-3 but I have fallen in
love with it and rarely use the Rocket. I am considering selling the
Rocket and the EZ-3 (I don't use the Power Assist) and getting a
different trike. I'm wondering if the difference between my current
trike and the EZ-3 AX is substantial enough to warrant the price
difference. I'm not interested in speed, just exercising my 67 year old
bod on 10 to 20 mile (mostly) rail/trail rides. I also wonder if the
EZ-3 USX would be a (more) comfortable ride. Or would you suggest
something other than the EZ line? A tadpole? I don't want to spend more
than $2000 and I like the high seating position of the EZ line vs the
tadpole pics that I've seen. Just looking for advice!
Thanks, Bob Kline

Gabriel DeVault July 21st 04 10:01 PM

Trading up trike question???

The EZ Tadpole should be out before x-mas. Might be just what you're looking
for. A little more sporty, but a higher seat than most tadpoles.

Gabriel DeVault
Easy Racers

[email protected] August 5th 04 06:34 AM

Trading up trike question???

David Van Syoc wrote:

Hi, Bob,
I also own an EZ-3 and can't imagine why you would want another
bike/trike. I'm 55 years old and quite overweight, which probably
equalizes some difference between us and how we both wish to ride and
how far. I just love my EZ-3 (no- I don't have the motor booster).

What motor booster?

Why
not use your EZ-3 for your jaunts? I hope you aren't just "equipment
happy." (Actually, I'm a little that way for musical instruments.)
Whatever you do, Bob, just keep on doing...

--

-TTFN

-Steven

Robert Kline August 5th 04 03:11 PM

Trading up trike question???

He's referring to a Currie electric assist that I put on the EZ-3 for my
wife. I'm gonna sell the bike with the Currie as soon as the EZ-3
Tadpole hits the market.

[email protected] August 15th 04 08:57 PM

Robert Kline wrote:

He's referring to a Currie electric assist that I put on the EZ-3 for my
wife. I'm gonna sell the bike with the Currie as soon as the EZ-3
Tadpole hits the market.

Thanks for the info! We were/are looking at the crystalyte hub motors
for my wifes EZ-3AL, and are always curious as to what other people
have decided to use.

-Steven