CycleBanter.com

-   -   Marking a Google Map (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=121934)

Mark \(MSA\) January 17th 06 05:15 PM

Marking a Google Map

Hi all,

Quite a while ago someone posted a link (I think it was on this group)
to a site that enables you to draw a route onto Google maps, and have
it measure the distance.

Can anyone remember this, anyone have the site bookmarked?

TIA.

Mark

--
Mark
_______________________________________

John Wilton January 17th 06 05:19 PM

Marking a Google Map

"Mark (MSA)" wrote in message
Hi all,

Quite a while ago someone posted a link (I think it was on this group) to
a site that enables you to draw a route onto Google maps, and have it
measure the distance.

Can anyone remember this, anyone have the site bookmarked?

TIA.

Mark

--
Mark
_______________________________________
Nerves of Steel, Heart of Gold, Knob of Butter

I assume that you mean this one:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?cente...rY=52.75&zl=10

This zooms in nicely on my local area - you may want to fiddle with the
numbers depending on where you live.

John

POHB January 17th 06 05:46 PM

Marking a Google Map

That is so good, and you can export the route as a GPX so you can view it in
Google Earth too.
Awesome!

"John Wilton" wrote

Mark \(MSA\) January 17th 06 09:06 PM

Marking a Google Map

I assume that you mean this one:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?cente...rY=52.75&zl=10

This zooms in nicely on my local area - you may want to fiddle with the
numbers depending on where you live.

John

That's the one John....your a star! Cheers.

--
Mark