CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bike Brightz lighting system? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=214218)

[email protected][_2_] February 23rd 10 07:51 PM

Bike Brightz lighting system?

Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Jim A February 23rd 10 09:22 PM

[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Looks like something inspired by The Fast & The Furious, except those
look really cheap. I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

Whatever floats your boat though...

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride

SMS February 23rd 10 10:32 PM

wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Avoid them at all costs.

[email protected][_2_] February 24th 10 12:20 AM

On Feb 23, 3:22*pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Looks like something inspired by The Fast & The Furious, except those
look really cheap. *I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

Whatever floats your boat though...

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

They are incredibly flashy, aren't they? Stupidly flashy too!

I'd like to find a way to cycle by candlelight!

Cullen

Jim A February 24th 10 07:42 AM

wrote:
On Feb 23, 3:22 pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Hello,
Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?
If so, how did you like it?
regards,
Cullen

Looks like something inspired by The Fast & The Furious, except those
look really cheap. I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

Whatever floats your boat though...

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

They are incredibly flashy, aren't they? Stupidly flashy too!

I'd like to find a way to cycle by candlelight!

Cullen

Ask Carl Fogel over at rec.bicycles.tech and I'm sure he'll find a way
for you to do that alright!

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride

Mike A Schwab February 25th 10 03:33 PM

On Feb 23, 1:51*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

http://www.imaginarycolours.com/Merc...roduct_Count=1

Red in rear, yellow in front. No blinking, put battery case in seat
bag, wrap wire around frame tubes. 30 hours on 3 AA Duracell.

Jym Dyer February 25th 10 11:33 PM

Bike Brightz lighting system?

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

=v= No experience with that, but some friends have these:

http://rockthebike.com/lights/downlowglow

They look snazzy (in a certain urban aesthtic sense) and are
certainly visible.

I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

=v= Given that these call themselves "bike halos," might we
infer that you might instead be seen dead with some manner
of bike horns and pitchfork? ;^)
_Jym_

Jim A February 26th 10 07:57 AM

Jym Dyer wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

=v= No experience with that, but some friends have these:

http://rockthebike.com/lights/downlowglow

They look snazzy (in a certain urban aesthtic sense) and are
certainly visible.

I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

=v= Given that these call themselves "bike halos," might we
infer that you might instead be seen dead with some manner
of bike horns and pitchfork? ;^)
_Jym_

Yes, anything would be preferable to those fairy-lights! :-)

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride to hell

[email protected] February 27th 10 04:32 PM

wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think anyone looking for good
bike lights ought to go to a store with a good selection and comparison
shop. I'm all for checking the LBS first. (Don't bother with 'mart
stores; all they have is junk.)
And then if you have one near you, check out REI. Often they have
the best selection, and the one where I shop even has all their
taillights mounted side by side on a piece of pipe so that you can turn
them on and compare them that way.
In case you haven't already looked at light prices, be prepared for a
shock. I've seen bike light "systems" selling for upwards of $300,
although there are less expensive alternatives.

Bill

__o | Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live.
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) | -- Mark Twain

Jay[_2_] March 3rd 10 12:25 AM

wrote in message
[...]

I like DiNotte http://www.dinottelighting.com/ .

I just bought another 200 lumen Li-ion headlight for my new bike. DiNotte
has excellent customer care, if you buy directly from their online store.

I may one day buy their 800 lumen headlight. You could probably see that
thing from space.

J.