CycleBanter.com

-   -   “be somewhere else” to avoid anti-social cyclists (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256205)

MrCheerful August 2nd 18 07:42 PM

“be somewhere else” to avoid anti-social cyclists

Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent events had
grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part, causing “hour after
hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

Mr Pounder Esquire August 2nd 18 09:10 PM

MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins
everywhere. while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice,
recent events had grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took
part, causing "hour after hour" of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

Interesting comments from the locals about scum cyclists.

Peter Keller[_3_] August 3rd 18 10:53 AM

On 02.08.2018 20:42, MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent events had
grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part, causing “hour after
hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

I agree that is uncalled for.
There is enough there for the cops and others to act.

Peter Keller[_3_] August 3rd 18 10:55 AM

On 02.08.2018 22:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins
everywhere. while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice,
recent events had grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took
part, causing "hour after hour" of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

Interesting comments from the locals about scum cyclists.

The locals have to do more than comment.
Events like this can be organised properly and the organisers held to
account --

Simon Jester August 3rd 18 03:43 PM

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 7:42:45 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent events had
grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part, causing “hour after
hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

I assume these residents never drive after sunset.
Curious that your first thought was criminal damage and violence, says something about you and motorists in general.

Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee August 3rd 18 03:56 PM

MrCheerful wrote:

Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent events had
grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part, causing “hour after
hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

A single tack on the road, and the response should be slashed tyres and
broken car windscreens.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee August 3rd 18 03:57 PM

Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 7:42:45 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent events had
grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part, causing “hour after
hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

I assume these residents never drive after sunset.
Curious that your first thought was criminal damage and violence, says something about you and motorists in general.

I think I might fly to Britain next year, to take part in this. I do
wonder if our brave trolls will make an appearance.. .

TMS320 August 3rd 18 05:12 PM

On 02/08/18 19:42, MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins
everywhere. while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice,
recent events had grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took
part, causing “hour after hour” of disturbance. Others living along
the route have also complained about a minority of cyclists making
noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-dynamo-suffolk-noise-complaints-1-5634893

When motorists do it (and worse) daily, not just once a year, it's still
wrong when cyclists do it?

I bet the whingers made a special effort to stay up all night and twitch
their curtains. It's amazing that nobody was inventive enough to make up
stories about "racing" through the village at 40mph, defaced memorials,
roses getting trampled on and finding a dump in the middle of their lawn.

TMS320 August 4th 18 02:37 PM

“be somewhere else” to avoid anti-social cyclists

On 02/08/18 19:42, MrCheerful wrote:
Sounds like next year there will be pitchforks and drawing pins everywhere.
while the first Dunwich Dynamos passed without notice, recent events had
grown too big. Now, thousands of cyclists took part, causing “hour after
hour” of disturbance.
Others living along the route have also complained about a minority of
cyclists making noise, listening to loud music and urinating on their
property.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/dunwich-d...ints-1-5634893

As I write, there is a fete going on in the green space over the road.
We've had hour after hour of disturbance. Abandoned vehicles blocking
the road, fetists making a noise, music and the continuous clatter of an
ice cream van delivering noxious diesel fumes over my property.

I suppose it's nothing to complain about, after all, it's not cyclists.

JNugent[_10_] August 4th 18 07:25 PM

On 04/08/2018 14:37, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

So you *own* that "green space over the road", do you?