CycleBanter.com

-   -   Bikehut cone spanners (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=84833)

Zog The Undeniable March 14th 05 07:07 PM

Bikehut cone spanners

Oh dear. I needed a 17mm wrench for my idiotically-designed XT hubs,
which no longer take an adjustable spanner or, in fact, any normal
spanner for the locknut - it has to be a thin cone spanner - and
H*lfords had sold out of Park stuff so it was the Bikehut ones (actually
made for Cyclo in the Far East).

They are paper-thin and they flex so the spanner pops straight off the
locknut with any application of torque. They're going back tomorrow and
I *really* needed to do those hubs tonight. Why is everything I buy crap?