CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A March on Washington... on Bicycle? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=196654)

KingOfTheApes November 5th 08 07:53 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or buses, but on
bikes. And like the minority president that we inaugurate, we are also
the victim of discrimination and abuse.

I think we can ride the winds of change, making sure that we don't
escape the Democratic Party radars that seems to focus on "alternative
technologies," and yet fail to detect the most basic, cheap, and
democratic vehicle ever created. It even makes sense in light of the
deep economic crisis since there's "no dinero" ($$$) to fund such
alternative vehicles.

I'm leaving from Miami, and you?

(Riders from the UK are excused for not attending) ;)

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

ComandanteBanana November 5th 08 09:47 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

Originally Posted by BarracksSi
'I guess part of the point I'm trying to make is that nobody gets to
see moderate, "respectable" cycling advocacy. The most visible cycling
protests are the CM mobs (all we see is when they get beat up by cops
or beat up drivers in front of their kids) and the World Naked Bike
Rides.

I'd put money on this kind of stunt ending up the same way. If it
doesn't, and I see a thousand average people on the Mall instead of a
bunch of loonies with body paint, it might actually be taken
seriously.'

***

No, this is serious stuff. The wild monkeys must be well behaved to
look like "we the People."

I think it's possible.

ComandanteBanana November 5th 08 10:17 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

(notice the revolution is for nonviolent monkeys)

Originally Posted by BarracksSi

Simply "being televised" doesn't help.

It's the perception of what gets televised that's the important part.

Think about it -- what would you do in front of a TV camera that
would, say, make your girlfriend's parents proud?

A bunch of people screwing around in front of a national audience
isn't going to do cycling any favors. Even if it's "only a few bad
apples messing it up for everyone", what matters is what kind of
behavior actually makes it onto a news clip.

The problem you'd encounter is that the louder, more obnoxious
hooligans will draw more attention. That's just the way it is.

Now, what are you going to do to control the group's image? Remember,
not only would there be some TV crews tagging along now and then, but
also scores of people outside the media armed with cell phone cameras
and the ability to publish to Youtube even before they return home.

You're going to have to exercise very tight image control, with
prepared statements, guidelines for riding behavior, designated
representatives, and possibly even the active exclusion & expulsion of
troublemakers. And, you'll have to do this with a group big enough to
land a few inches' worth of article space in USA Today.

Think it can be done? Will you do it right, or not?

***

I'm well aware of your concerns. I witnessed such anarchic behavior in
the Free Trade Summit of the Americas in Miami, some years back. I was
nice and organized able to hand out my flyers, even to the police, and
the cop saying, "This in nice!" (he read the story below).

But the wild monkeys chose to clash with the police. You know what, I
think it was the same police. You must understand that the lion needs
the monkey to be stupid and violent...

THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE
Once upon a time, in the deep jungle, lived a Lion and a Monkey... One
day the Monkey, tired of the Lion always taking the LION'S SHARE, and
seeing that such injustice represented a danger to all, demanded
JUSTICE... The Lion, yawning and stretching, said, "You would have to
have paws and sharp teeth..." Then the Monkey, who was very clever,
devised a plan: He would go to the costume store, and look like a
lion...

When the HUNGRY LION saw him, noticing that the new lion wasn't a
match for him, and fearing COMPETITION, killed him on the spot --
before the indifferent look of the little animals of the jungle... And
that's how the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time...
(NOTE: Other monkeys survived him...)

ComandanteBanana November 5th 08 11:31 PM

like M.L. King?

(my answer below)

Originally Posted by BarracksSi

I should address this, too:

You may think so, but if you're going to lead it, you have to take
responsibility.

Too many of these things lack a leader -- a face that the public can
attach to the cause. You need someone who can speak to the likes of
Tom Brokaw and address the inevitable counterpoints from the guy on
the other side of the split screen during the interview. You need
someone that the entire group can rally behind and will respect.

The instant you say, "I can't be personally responsible for what every
crackpot does," it's finished. Kaput. That will be the phrase that
knocks you off the high wire. That's the picture of Dukakis wearing a
tank driver's helmet or Howard Dean's velociraptor-like screech.

*add-on again* A leader, someone just like M.L. King.

But, please, don't equate the incredible efforts of Dr. King with any
cycling advocate. I've never even heard of a cyclist getting hung from
a tree and set on fire.

***

Back at that time blacks were denied equal access to buses, the way we
are denied equal access to roads. Actually I rather live with being
segregated on a road and having BIKE LANES, than with being killed on
a road as a result of reckless drivers and indifferent authorities.

BIKE DISCRIMINATION IS A MATTER OF ECONOMICS, and the main
beneficiaries of safe bike lanes would be blacks and other minorities.

As for the leader... WHAT DO WE HAVE OBAMA FOR?

Tom Keats November 8th 08 07:15 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

In article ,
KingOfTheApes writes:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or buses, but on
bikes. And like the minority president that we inaugurate, we are also
the victim of discrimination and abuse.

I think we can ride the winds of change, making sure that we don't
escape the Democratic Party radars that seems to focus on "alternative
technologies," and yet fail to detect the most basic, cheap, and
democratic vehicle ever created. It even makes sense in light of the
deep economic crisis since there's "no dinero" ($$$) to fund such
alternative vehicles.

A while back you started a thread titled "I saw Critical Mass".
Here's a blast from your past:

In article ,
KingOfTheApes writes:
and didn't like what I saw.

What a hypocrite, talking through yer hat.

If you're going to run a disinformation campaign, you should
at least learn to cover your tracks. You're not only a
hypocrite, you're incompetent as well. Then again, that's
what I like about disinformationists -- they're so readily
identifiable. "By their fruits shall ye know them."

I'm leaving from Miami, and you?

Keep heading east. Always, ever east.
Second star on the right, straight on 'til morning.

And by the way, there's lots of money with which to fund
transportation, booze, cigarettes, The War on Drugs,
the penal system, international affairs, Christmas &c.

There's not so much money with which to fund residential
construction, 'cuz developers/investors cut their noses off
to spite their faces by "dynamically" financing their
developments as they go along and build. Bottom falls out
of the real estate market, the bubble bursts, and now
there's much bitter wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Boo-hoo.

Shove your disinformation where the moon don't shine.

I'm on you like **** on a blanket.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Tom Keats[_18_] November 8th 08 08:23 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times,

Speak for yourself.

but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana.

Speak for yourself.

Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned.

No, he is to definitely condemnable.

Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us.

Yes, let us gird our loins with our wits.

cheers,
Tom

Edward Dolan November 8th 08 08:25 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article
,

KingOfTheApes writes:
[...]

Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times, but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana. Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned. Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us. To end up
like ComandanteBanana has got to be the worst of all possible worlds.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan November 8th 08 09:01 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times,

Speak for yourself.

but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana.

Speak for yourself.

Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned.

No, he is to definitely condemnable.

Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us.

Yes, let us gird our loins with our wits.

Tom Keats is a Canadian, but I won't hold it against him unless he brings it
up. There is nothing wrong with being a poor cousin to Americans.

Tom Keats November 8th 08 09:02 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times,

Speak for yourself.

but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana.

Speak for yourself.

Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned.

No, he is to definitely condemnable.

Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us.

Yes, let us gird our loins with our wits.

Tom Keats is a Canadian, but I won't hold it against him unless he brings it
up. There is nothing wrong with being a poor cousin to Americans.

Our banking system is more resilient than yours.

cheers,
Tom

Edward Dolan November 8th 08 09:25 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

[...]
Tom Keats is a Canadian, but I won't hold it against him unless he brings
it
up. There is nothing wrong with being a poor cousin to Americans.

Our banking system is more resilient than yours.

Jeez, the US sneezes and the whole world comes down with pneumonia. Go
figure!

Red Cloud November 9th 08 05:39 AM

On Nov 5, 11:53 am, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or buses, but on
bikes. And like the minority president that we inaugurate, we are also
the victim of discrimination and abuse.

I think we can ride the winds of change, making sure that we don't
escape the Democratic Party radars that seems to focus on "alternative
technologies," and yet fail to detect the most basic, cheap, and
democratic vehicle ever created. It even makes sense in light of the
deep economic crisis since there's "no dinero" ($$$) to fund such
alternative vehicles.

I'm leaving from Miami, and you?

(Riders from the UK are excused for not attending) ;)

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

What a joke this is! Biker march on Washington? Gimme a break!
In tihs land of NASCR and Detroit all like cities, using bike as a
transport
is impossible. US of A hates bikes. can you see that? US of Americans
are not
ready for utilizing bike as the transportation. You wanna ride a bike
as transporation
you have to get out of this NASCAR addicted USA.

KingOfTheApes November 10th 08 05:59 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 8, 2:15*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

and didn't like what I saw.

What a hypocrite, talking through yer hat.

If you're going to run a disinformation campaign, you should
at least learn to cover your tracks. *You're not only a
hypocrite, you're incompetent as well. *Then again, that's
what I like about disinformationists -- they're so readily
identifiable. *"By their fruits shall ye know them."

First of all, thanks for keeping this thread alive...

Now, are you stupid or what? What does my criticism of Critical Mass
has to do with this march. I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild
monkeys blocking traffic. Live and let live, comprende? Bicycles and
cars can coexist, provided we have a lane all to ourselves or we tame
traffic.

I'm leaving from Miami, and you?

Keep heading east. *Always, ever east.
Second star on the right, straight on 'til morning.

And by the way, there's lots of money with which to fund
transportation, booze, cigarettes, The War on Drugs,
the penal system, international affairs, Christmas &c.

There's not so much money with which to fund residential
construction, 'cuz developers/investors cut their noses off
to spite their faces by "dynamically" financing their
developments as they go along and build. *Bottom falls out
of the real estate market, the bubble bursts, and now
there's much bitter wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Boo-hoo.

Shove your disinformation where the moon don't shine.

I'm on you like **** on a blanket.

Not really, you just look ridiculous. As you say, money is being spent
elsewhere but on bike facilities.

Your opposition is really helpful. ;)

KingOfTheApes November 10th 08 06:01 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 8, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article
,

* * * *KingOfTheApes writes:
[...]

Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

Dr. Evil, you are just another patient of the nursing home, with
nothing to offer humanity but hate and war.

If I were you, I'd consider the Kevorkian machine.

KingOfTheApes November 10th 08 06:05 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

(Hey, Dr. Evil, don't commit suicide until you read this)

Originally Posted by BarracksSi
"He's complaining that there isn't a bike-only route from Miami to DC
in another thread in P&R. I can't think of anything like that that
covers a similarly huge distance elsewhere.

Where I've been outside the US, the most bike-friendly cities have had
separate lanes & routes for bikes."

Not only I contend that there's no route from Miami to Washington DC,
but not even to Ft. Lauderdale through US1. That's right, when you get
to the Ft. Lauderdale airport area, there's something of an expressway
with little room for a bike among the cars going over 55mph. I haven't
seen anyone biking it for that matter.

So even Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are NOT connected by bike or bus. I'm
sure most European cities would be connected at least by buses. Of
course, both bikes and buses are part of the revolution.

KingOfTheApes November 10th 08 06:08 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 8, 4:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

[...]
Tom Keats is a Canadian, but I won't hold it against him unless he brings
it
up. There is nothing wrong with being a poor cousin to Americans.

Our banking system is more resilient than yours.

Jeez, the US sneezes and the whole world comes down with pneumonia. Go
figure!

Sure, America eats up the lion's share of the world resources...

But I don't think it's pneumonia. Perhaps cancer. ;)

KingOfTheApes November 10th 08 06:40 PM

a good reason for the Banana Revolution

Doug wrote:
'I’m all for living within your means, but your ability to make and
keep a budget depends on having an idea of what your electricity is
going to cost from month to month, and what the groceries and gas
prices will be. The current crisis involved many people who were
living within their means, who saw gas prices skyrocket and utility
bills go through the roof. They were no longer able to pay their
mortgages, and running off and joining the military isn’t always an
option. Say they sell the house to live more cheaply, and get an
apartment. Apartment rents are also soaring because everyone else is
doing the same thing. I personally can’t downsize any more than I
already have. I don’t even have cable TV.

It was this “let them eat cake” philosophy that started the French
revolution.'

***

And there’s no better way to downsize but to ride a bike… and yet you
can’t.

I guess that’s a good reason for the Banana Revolution, right?

KingOfTheApes November 11th 08 12:07 AM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 8, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article
,

* * * *KingOfTheApes writes:
[...]

Sorry, old man, time to retire and leave something for humans not just
roaches...

"Obama won, the senior citizens lost"

Did you notice the old and mentally confused lost the elections and
the younger voted for CHANGE (Obama) by a margin of 2 to 1?

Change IS good. It’s what made humans out of monkeys.

“I’m fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to
die in.” -George McGovern

A REVOLUTION FOR THE YOUNG?
Sorry, guys, but this revolution is for the young --or at least for
the young at heart-- who care about the future, and about a quality of
life surrounding their needs.

Regrettably, they are not being enticed into politics. Important
issues like TRAFFIC SAFETY and BIKE FACILITIES are kept out of the
political discourse. Simply, cunning politicians lure the elderly, who
are easily duped with the politics of fear.* Remember the 2000
elections in Miami-Dade County. In other words: the Banana Republic
relies on the old and ignorant, while the Banana Revolution appeals to
the young and hopeful…

* fear of terrorism, communism, etc.

KingOfTheApes November 11th 08 12:13 AM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 8, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Hey, sorrowful man, not all senior citizens are old…

Originally Posted by patentcad
“Hey, I’m not so friggin old.”

If you ride a bike, no matter how old you are, you’ll never be old.

But if you drool and speak about the need for war, you probably
are. ;)

Edward Dolan November 11th 08 12:40 AM

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 8, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times, but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana. Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned. Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us. To end
up
like ComandanteBanana has got to be the worst of all possible worlds.

[...]

Did you notice the old and mentally confused lost the elections and

the younger voted for CHANGE (Obama) by a margin of 2 to 1?

Change IS good. It’s what made humans out of monkeys.

You god damn ****ing idiot - change is not necessarily good. How did you
ever get to be so stupid? Were you born that way or did you have to work at
it?

“I’m fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to

die in.” -George McGovern

Ah yes, McGovern - one of the biggest jackasses who has ever lived. Not hard
to figure why once you realize he was from South Dakota. The best thing that
ever happened to him was when his daughter died on the streets from a drug
overdose.
[...]

Edward Dolan November 11th 08 12:51 AM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 8, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Hey, sorrowful man, not all senior citizens are old…

You god damn moron - I did not write the above.

Originally Posted by patentcad

“Hey, I’m not so friggin old.”

If you ride a bike, no matter how old you are, you’ll never be old.

But if you drool and speak about the need for war, you probably

are. ;)

How about I war on your stupid head, you god damn freak of an asshole!

****ing Regards,

KingOfTheApes November 11th 08 01:09 AM

On Nov 10, 7:51*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message

On Nov 8, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Hey, sorrowful man, not all senior citizens are old…

You god damn moron - I did not write the above.

Originally Posted by patentcad

“Hey, I’m not so friggin old.”

If you ride a bike, no matter how old you are, you’ll never be old.
But if you drool and speak about the need for war, you probably

are. ;)

How about I war on your stupid head, you god damn freak of an asshole!

****ing Regards,

Foul mouthed old men like voted for the old man.

You did, right? And you don't ride a bike either...

So long, babbling Dr. Evil.

Tom Keats November 11th 08 02:15 PM

KingOfTheApes writes:

I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild
monkeys blocking traffic.

And yet so many of your previous posts are calls
to cyclists to go ahead and "take the lane" just
to make some kind of statement. I can supply lots
of references to those posts of yours.

You have already demonstrated yourself to be a
two-faced hypocrite.

I hope your concept of "organized marches" doesn't
involve jackboots and goose-strutting. On the
other hand ... yeah, go ahead.

KingOfTheApes November 11th 08 04:34 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 11, 9:15*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild
monkeys blocking traffic.

And yet so many of your previous posts are calls
to cyclists to go ahead and "take the lane" just
to make some kind of statement. *I can supply lots
of references to those posts of yours.

You have already demonstrated yourself to be a
two-faced hypocrite.

I hope your concept of "organized marches" doesn't
involve jackboots and goose-strutting. *On the
other hand ... yeah, go ahead.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

Taking the lane on a road is hardly blocking traffic if there's more
than one lane.

I think you have Alzheimer (link provided below) or ADD (attention
deficit disorder). I hope you don't vote, just I hope Dr. Evil doesn't
vote...

(he would be good in this competition)

Originally Posted by Scooper
"Well, we could give all voters (regardless of age) a cognitive
deficit test, and those with failing grades would be disqualified to
vote. Candidates would also be required to take and pass the same test
as a pre-requisite for getting on the ballot (I'm guessing McCain
would have failed)."

I would put the American elders to fight the Iraqi elders until they
figure out who's best.

They would compete in age categories, namely: 65-75, 75-85 and above
85, where the weapon of choice is one spitting at the other.

http://www.alzheimer.ca/english/index.php

KingOfTheApes November 11th 08 04:38 PM

Isn’t that the whole point of DEMOCRACY

On Nov 11, 9:15*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

I hope your concept of "organized marches" doesn't
involve jackboots and goose-strutting. *On the
other hand ... yeah, go ahead.

--

Hey, you don't have any sort of order on Canadian roads either, right?
What don't you make up your mind and decide to be American or

Originally Posted by OneArmedScissor
"speed isn’t as dangerous as poor driving habits are. The autobahn
functions quite well because of a hyper organized and obedient system
of right lane slow left lane fast.

people here have no idea what that means. We are a nation of left lane
campers.

sometimes people may be in a rush/emergency. EVERYONE should be able
to move over for an emergency vehicle...however this never happens
since people just sit and hang out in the left lane right
lane...wherever they please."

Funny, Germany makes room for both the very fast (autobahn) and the
very slow (extensive bike lanes). Isn’t that the whole point of
DEMOCRACY, to accomodate the fast and the furious?*

*I’m just furious about the lack of bike facilities.

GeneralissimoApeshit November 11th 08 06:10 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild monkeys blocking traffic.

You speak OF organized marches. You do not speak on behalf any
anyone, you are neither a king nor a comandante, just a lunatic.

KingOfTheApes November 11th 08 06:21 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 11, 1:10*pm, GeneralissimoApe****
wrote:
I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild monkeys blocking traffic.

You speak OF organized marches. *You do not speak on behalf any
anyone, you are neither a king nor a comandante, just a lunatic.

And WHO are you, Generalissimo Franco?

I bet you even like Fascist ideas. ;)

Edward Dolan November 11th 08 08:17 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 7:51 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
How about I war on your stupid head, you god damn freak of an asshole!

****ing Regards,

Foul mouthed old men like voted for the old man.

You did, right? And you don't ride a bike either...

So long, babbling Dr. Evil.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say
on Earth. I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with instructions
from your ex-CO. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would
rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared
richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth
into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody,
abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and
then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

****ing Regards,

Edward Dolan November 11th 08 08:27 PM

wrote:
I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild monkeys blocking traffic.

You speak OF organized marches. You do not speak on behalf any
anyone, you are neither a king nor a comandante, just a lunatic.

And WHO are you, Generalissimo Franco?

I bet you even like Fascist ideas. ;)

ComandanteBanana needs to go **** himself. He is a worthless piece of ****
who has diarrhea of the mouth. In other words, he is your typical liberal
asshole. Let us hope that a Florida driver runs right over his stupid ass
and puts him out of his misery. It will be good riddance to bad rubbish.

****ing Regards,

Bill Sornson[_3_] November 11th 08 08:55 PM

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Compliments of "Shaun 'Are'", formerly of AM-B:

"Whassamatter with ya, got rice paper skin and an inferiority complex or
something? ****, child, if you're not the wimpiest runt of whelps then the
sun has never lit up a day.

Bet those coloured plastic balls at the bottom of that little slide really
hurt, eh?

The last time I came across anything as sensitive as you, it was measuring
single ****ing photons.

Now, go grow a dick so you can go **** yourself, ****ybotty****tychops.
-- Shaun aRe, AM-B 11/05"

Edward Dolan November 11th 08 09:08 PM

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

Nope, not nasty enough for me. Either go all the way or forget about it.
Pulling your punches is a waste of effort on these cycling newsgroups.
You've got to plumb the depths which only I know how to do.

GeneralissimoApeshit November 11th 08 10:45 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

And WHO are you, Generalissimo Franco?

I bet you even like Fascist ideas. ;)

Look, idiot, YOU'RE the one who can't handle riders taking to the road
as traffic, during Critical Mass. That makes you the fascist.

KingOfTheApes November 12th 08 12:40 AM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 11, 5:45*pm, GeneralissimoApe****
wrote:
And WHO are you, Generalissimo Franco?

I bet you even like Fascist ideas. ;)

Look, idiot, YOU'RE the one who can't handle riders taking to the road
as traffic, during Critical Mass. *That makes you the fascist.

That's because they do in a disorganized way, which in the end helps
the public catalog them as troublemakers, a label applied to all
cyclists. Now you understand, Big ****?

KingOfTheApes November 12th 08 12:43 AM

On Nov 11, 3:17*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Dr. Evil, you should be gagged and put in a straight jacket. Then put
in a museum of shame, where all those who supported the war should be
displayed. Of course, you should also be issued a pamper. ;)

Edward Dolan November 12th 08 01:17 AM

[...]

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease,
you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient
in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are
dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all
unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

****ing Regards,

KingOfTheApes November 12th 08 06:44 PM

On Nov 11, 8:17*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? * What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

I'm glad you've accepted the jungle and its inhabitants to describe
the world around you. Yes, we live in a jungle, and you are one of
those hyenas that defend the lion. You saw Lion King?

http://www.evcil.us/Çizimler/slides/...ng%20hyena.jpg

KingOfTheApes November 13th 08 12:45 AM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

(OK, now that the hyenas and the lion are a thing of the past --or so
we hope-- let's see how we can help Obama)

HOW WOULD YOU HELP OBAMA?

You know he's all about CHANGE (or so he said in his campaign),
leading the country to energy self-sufficiency sometime in the near
future. So how would you help him reach that goal?

He never mention the word "bicycle" in his political speeches (that I
know of), but I'm assuming that would be priority #1 under an
Administration that is both SMART and BROKE. Yes, its budget is
limited, so we better start helping him from the base, meaning our
rusted bikes must be put to use. We just ask him for some moral
support if not bike lanes.

Well, if you are a couch potato, you can still put some energy-
efficient lights since it would be too much to ask of you to junk your
SUVs... ;)

Have you ever thought of the lion as a big pussycat?

(Yes, the beast can be pacified!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Edward Dolan November 13th 08 01:21 AM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 11, 8:17 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

I'm glad you've accepted the jungle and its inhabitants to describe

the world around you. Yes, we live in a jungle, and you are one of
those hyenas that defend the lion. You saw Lion King?

You're an idiot. A moron of the highest order. You're so stupid it's a
wonder you can remember to breath. Intelligent ideas bounce off your head as
if it were coated with teflon. Creative thoughts take alternate
transportation in order to avoid even being in the same state as you. If you
had an original thought it would die of loneliness before the hour was out.
On an intelligence scale of 1 to 10 (10 corresponding to the highest
attainable IQ) you're rating is so far into negative numbers that one would
need to travel into another quantum reality in order to even catch a distant
glimpse of it.

****ing Regards,

Edward Dolan November 13th 08 01:23 AM

[...]

There is no animal so disgusting, so vile that it deserves comparison to
you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal
kingdom fills an ecological niche. You fill no niche.
To call you a parasite would be injurious to the thousands of honest
parasitic species. You are worse than vermin, for vermin does not pretend
to be what it is not. You are truly human garbage.

****ing Regards,

KingOfTheApes November 13th 08 05:14 PM

a new definition of patriotism

On Nov 12, 8:23*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I can see you really have a command over the worst adjectives even if
you are not able to say something cohesive, like a vision of the
world, other than one with dinosaurs and roaches. I guess a few hyenas
too. ;)

By the way, do you also agree with these dinosaurs (SUVs)?

Originally Posted by boneshake
"No, SUVS are the enemy."

And they help the enemy too...

I think we are under a new definition of patriotism: Under Bush it was
displayed as a bumper sticker that said, "We support our troops" on
your SUV. But under Obama, it's simply riding a bike.

KingOfTheApes November 13th 08 05:21 PM

A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

The ape and the hyena disagree in the perspective of the jungle. Of
course, hyenas are predators without a creative mind. Probably the
same difference as bicyclists and nonbicyclists.

Originally Posted by SingingSabre
"I'm holding my tongue...proverbially.

As to the topic at hand, most US residents don't see cyclocommuting as
a viable form of transportation. For Obama to mention it would have
probably hurt his cause, and ours. Grassroots work is the only way to
get that out...either that or get the car companies to endorse it, at
least as far as I can tell without racking my food-starved brain for
more creative ideas."

I don't see his endorsement would be bad for cycling since most
Republicans don't commute by bicycle anyway.

It would certainly lead to more ridership among the young and
minorities --his power base.