CycleBanter.com

-   -   Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=261010)

Andre Jute[_2_] December 31st 20 03:10 AM

Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 5:39:44 PM UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 3:14:09 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 5:02:37 PM UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 1:34:52 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 9:53:54 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 12:27:28 AM UTC-8, Tosspot wrote:
On 11/12/2020 17:47, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 2:23:01 PM UTC-8, News 2020 wrote:
On Wed, 09 Dec 2020 11:40:54 -0800, Tom Kunich wrote:

Your supposedly being a lawyer I would have expected you to
understand that a lawsuit claiming voter fraud to be completely
different from the Texas lawsuit which has the absolutely lawful
claim that the election laws were changed in unlawful manners.
So you think one state should be able to dictate to the citizens
of another state about the laws they live under. Ok, All power to
California.
A little gay cocksucker like you is too stupid to understand that
Texas votes should not be invalidated by illegal activities in
another state. Maybe you can move in with Jay who is such a well read
lawyer.
It seems the SCCOTUS disagrees with you and agrees with Jay.

https://imgflip.com/i/4oh5e7
Before you speak you should actually know what happened. The three judges that were nominated to the court by Trump did not vote out of any possible personal reasons. This left two conservative the liberal half of the court to destroy this suit purely on procedural grounds. Jay, as usual, misrepresents what actually happened because he is so radicalized now that he would vote for Karl Marx rather than Trump.
You're a dumb f**** who wouldn't understand what the court did if someone drew you a cartoon. Even Alito and Thomas said they would not grant injunctive or other relief to stop the electoral college from voting. No judge would grant the injunctive relief requested. Zip, zero, nada.

155, ORIG. TEXAS V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL.
The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of
complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of
the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially
cognizable interest in the manner in which another State
conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed
as moot.
Statement of Justice Alito, with whom Justice Thomas joins:
In my view, we do not have discretion to deny the filing of a
bill of complaint in a case that falls within our original
jurisdiction. See Arizona v. California, 589 U. S. ___
(Feb. 24, 2020) (Thomas, J., dissenting). I would therefore
grant the motion to file the bill of complaint but would not
grant other relief, and I express no view on any other issue.

Had you actually read the order, bill of complaint, the amicus and the other filings, then you might get a glimmer of understanding, but that would require you to look at primary source material rather than listening to the voices in whatever lunatic echo chamber you live in. Even the most conservative judges on the court were telegraphing that the suit had no hope of success on the merits.

And show me anything in the order suggesting that the Trump justices abstained or didn't participate in the order.
You're just making that up. The order was issued at a regular conference that had at least seven judges, which is the cert pool -- which does not include Gorsuch and Alito. Their clerks had copies, and considering that Alito wrote a dissent, he participated. So that is at least eight. Considering the magnitude of the case and since it was original jurisdiction and not a cert petition, it is reasonable to assume that all nine justices participated. Conservatives have a 6-3 majority on the court. Texas and Trump lost -- and got zero votes that would have stopped the electoral college from voting.
They're going to catch up with you Jay, Hope you like it in prison. 3 squares a day and a warm place to sleep.

Nah. I think that, as his last official act on his last day in office, Mr Trump should pardon all the crimes of all Donkey Party traitors who tried to interfere for purely malicious reasons in his running of the country. If they don't accept the pardon, they can be prosecuted when Mr Trump returns to office in 2024, and if they accept the pardon and thus make themselves immune from prosecution, they admit guilt before the voters. Those who want to screech that political prosecutions aren't the American had better hurry to make their apologies to General Flynn, and his family, and Roger Stone, and his wife, paraded in her night dress as if she were a criminal. The people who did that are scum, and should be broken, and those who gloated ditto. In short, the Democrat Party created the new norm, and thereby provided the rope that they can be hung by.

While from a narrative perspective (You may have a total pardon on the condition you give a complete and truthful statement of your part in the election fraud) this seems an extremely effective way in proving the fraud, I am of the opinion that the far leftists such as Jay actually believe that they cannot be caught in the act and so would not come forward to save their own asses.

..
Returning for just a moment to the depressing subject of Slow Johnny, one wonders whether he had looked up on Wikipedia what pulling the wings off flies says about his mentality. -- AJ

Andre Jute[_2_] January 10th 21 01:59 AM

Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

Returning for just a moment to the depressing subject of Slow Johnny, one wonders whether he had looked up on Wikipedia what pulling the wings off flies says about his mentality.

So what did you discover, Slow Johnny?

Tom Kunich[_4_] January 10th 21 02:24 AM

On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 4:59:53 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Returning for just a moment to the depressing subject of Slow Johnny, one wonders whether he had looked up on Wikipedia what pulling the wings off flies says about his mentality.

So what did you discover, Slow Johnny?

Between Slow Johnny and Wikipedia, neither seems to know what a pen knife is. Wikipedia thinks that it is a Swiss Army Knife and Slow Johnny thinks that it has something to so with a cartoon character of some sort.

Andre Jute[_2_] January 10th 21 03:52 AM

On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 1:24:51 AM UTC, wrote:
On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 4:59:53 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Returning for just a moment to the depressing subject of Slow Johnny, one wonders whether he had looked up on Wikipedia what pulling the wings off flies says about his mentality.

So what did you discover, Slow Johnny?

Between Slow Johnny and Wikipedia, neither seems to know what a pen knife is. Wikipedia thinks that it is a Swiss Army Knife and Slow Johnny thinks that it has something to so with a cartoon character of some sort.

I have to make do with Swiss Army knives -- I have two sizes on my desk for various artistic purposes and another in my pocket to sharpen pencils and pigment-wax bars to paint with. The best pocket knives were made by Joseph Rodgers of Sheffield, but I gave my last one to a dear friend who wanted to give it a gracious retirement in his collection: it had served me faithfully for over 60 years. I thought seriously of asking one of the bicycle frame braziers who still have an open hearth to hammer me a blade, but then, under the influence of my knowledgable friend decided what was left of the blade should stay on the knife. So much of what is now sold as Swiss Army knives, regrettably, are so much dinky trash for the tourist trade; I have three with broken plastic grips in a box in a drawer for spare part, none of them even ten years old. At least the blades are still okay, even if they aren't the outstanding steel edges you could get within living memory. -- AJ

Tom Kunich[_4_] January 10th 21 06:51 PM

On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 6:52:50 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Originally at our school we still have inkwells in our desks and it wasn't unusual to cut your own ink pen with a pen knife that appears to be what we call an Exacto-knife these days. Turkey tail feathers were the best to practice script. And the continuous dipping into ink supplied the delay to allow very careful practice. After the advent of the ball point pen and entry into middle management I completely lost my hand for script. I can barely write my own signature now but I think that has to do with the concussion damage,

AMuzi January 10th 21 08:08 PM

On 1/10/2021 11:51 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

???

I knew George S Parker III, whose family had made steel nibs
so cheaply that by the 1920s quills were mostly gone in USA.

Inkwells, yes. Quills no.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Tom Kunich[_4_] January 10th 21 08:35 PM

On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 11:08:51 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I remember those self inking pens. But it was still common around here to use quills and open inkwells. But you have to remember that this was shortly after the war and no one had any money and this area has always been sick with wild turkeys.

AMuzi January 10th 21 09:34 PM

On 1/10/2021 1:35 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

School pens (simple steel nib, not self-inking):

https://i.etsystatic.com/8303844/r/i...10711_bm72.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/2a...0edd9e5e0c.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zbYAA...kzd/s-l300.jpg

A perusal of period classroom photos shows many examples,
postwar through end of 1950s, but can't find a single
instance of turkey feathers.

Lou Holtman[_5_] January 10th 21 11:56 PM

Op zondag 10 januari 2021 om 21:34:46 UTC+1 schreef AMuzi:
[...]

That is what I used in first years in primary school (1963-1967). I convinced that it improves your handwriting. Up to now I still prefer a fountain pen or just a pencil.

A perusal of period classroom photos shows many examples,

Yes that was the classic classroom photo pose.

postwar through end of 1950s, but can't find a single
instance of turkey feathers.

Turkey or goose feathers? That was something of the 17th century over here.

Lou

John B.[_3_] January 10th 21 11:59 PM

Does Slow Johnny still pull the wings off flies

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 09:51:10 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

Gee Tommy, according to what I read you are something like 77 years
old which would mean that you were born in the early to mid 1940's and
probably entered the first grade after WW II had ended... and you were
still using quill pens in California? Goodness, I hadn't know
California was such a backward place that they were still using quill
pens in school so long after fountain pens had been invented.

Or is your dementia getting worse in the cold weather?
--
Cheers,

John B.