CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cassette Spacers (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=96457)

question man August 21st 05 05:15 PM

Cassette Spacers

All -

shimano 7-speed cassette
shimano 105 rear hub (fh 5501)

I'm looking for a set of spacers to proportionally spread the 7 cogs
of the cassette over the space of the cassette body.

Somewhere I had found a webpage showing this information, but now of
course I cannot find it.

I've got a Wheels Mfg aluminum spacer behind the largest cog, but
still the other cogs are spaced very closely together.

Does anybody know where I can obtain such a set of spacers?

Thanks!

Phil

RonSonic August 21st 05 05:32 PM

Cassette Spacers

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:15:34 GMT, question man wrote:

All -

shimano 7-speed cassette
shimano 105 rear hub (fh 5501)

I'm looking for a set of spacers to proportionally spread the 7 cogs
of the cassette over the space of the cassette body.

Somewhere I had found a webpage showing this information, but now of
course I cannot find it.

I've got a Wheels Mfg aluminum spacer behind the largest cog, but
still the other cogs are spaced very closely together.

Does anybody know where I can obtain such a set of spacers?

Why, Phil?

Want to use cheaper 5 speed chains?

Ron

Jasper Janssen August 22nd 05 04:14 PM

Cassette Spacers

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:15:34 GMT, question man wrote:

shimano 7-speed cassette
shimano 105 rear hub (fh 5501)

I'm looking for a set of spacers to proportionally spread the 7 cogs
of the cassette over the space of the cassette body.

Why? A 5 mm spacer and then a 7 speed cassette will fit on an 8/9/10 body.

Is it that you figure on easier friction shifting?

Jasper

[email protected] August 22nd 05 04:52 PM

Cassette Spacers

the lbs shoulds have aluminum cog spacers from 1mm to???
try the flea market for an used up 5 speed and drill it, recovering the
spacers-maybe a fit?