CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclists hold up traffic again (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256734)

Simon Jester November 1st 18 04:31 PM

Cyclists hold up traffic again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC2DdxbDwo

Great comment at the end if you want to skip.

JNugent[_10_] November 1st 18 04:44 PM

On 01/11/2018 16:31, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC2DdxbDwo

Great comment at the end if you want to skip.

It comes as no surprise.

I was overtaken more than once by cyclists on the Sorrentino and Amalfi
coast last month.

Their choice of course and long may they survive to repeat it, but I was
driving as carefully as the road conditions (and the speed limits) demanded.

Simon Jester November 1st 18 07:05 PM

On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:44:24 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 01/11/2018 16:31, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC2DdxbDwo

Great comment at the end if you want to skip.

It comes as no surprise.

I was overtaken more than once by cyclists on the Sorrentino and Amalfi
coast last month.

Their choice of course and long may they survive to repeat it, but I was
driving as carefully as the road conditions (and the speed limits) demanded.

Did you immediately pull over and let the faster traffic past?

JNugent[_10_] November 2nd 18 11:41 PM

On 01/11/2018 19:05, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:44:24 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 01/11/2018 16:31, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC2DdxbDwo

Great comment at the end if you want to skip.

It comes as no surprise.

I was overtaken more than once by cyclists on the Sorrentino and Amalfi
coast last month.

Their choice of course and long may they survive to repeat it, but I was
driving as carefully as the road conditions (and the speed limits) demanded.

Did you immediately pull over and let the faster traffic past?

I always keep as far to the nearside as is necessary.

Do you?

Simon Jester November 3rd 18 11:54 AM

On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 11:41:18 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 01/11/2018 19:05, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:44:24 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 01/11/2018 16:31, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC2DdxbDwo

Great comment at the end if you want to skip.

It comes as no surprise.

I was overtaken more than once by cyclists on the Sorrentino and Amalfi
coast last month.

Their choice of course and long may they survive to repeat it, but I was
driving as carefully as the road conditions (and the speed limits) demanded.

Did you immediately pull over and let the faster traffic past?

I always keep as far to the nearside as is necessary.

Do you?

That is not what I asked.
Did you pull over and delay your journey so the faster traffic would not be inconvenienced?
That is what you have claimed cyclists are required to do.

JNugent[_10_] November 3rd 18 11:57 AM

On 03/11/2018 11:54, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 11:41:18 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 01/11/2018 19:05, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 4:44:24 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 01/11/2018 16:31, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdC2DdxbDwo

Great comment at the end if you want to skip.

It comes as no surprise.

I was overtaken more than once by cyclists on the Sorrentino and Amalfi
coast last month.

Their choice of course and long may they survive to repeat it, but I was
driving as carefully as the road conditions (and the speed limits) demanded.

Did you immediately pull over and let the faster traffic past?

I always keep as far to the nearside as is necessary.

Do you?

That is not what I asked.

What do you understand to be the meaning of the word "always"?

Or is it too difficult for you?

Did you pull over and delay your journey so the faster traffic would not be inconvenienced?
That is what you have claimed cyclists are required to do.

Does the British Highway Code apply in Italy?

When did that start?

Simon Jester November 3rd 18 01:32 PM

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 11:57:34 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

A film starring Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman and Audrey Hepburn.

Or is it too difficult for you?

Did you pull over and delay your journey so the faster traffic would not be inconvenienced?
That is what you have claimed cyclists are required to do.

Does the British Highway Code apply in Italy?

When did that start?

So you only follow common courtesy when required to do by law.
Heinlein was right yet again.

JNugent[_10_] November 3rd 18 02:27 PM

On 03/11/2018 13:32, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

There's *your* first problem right the lack of basic comprehension.

Functionally you either are a non-reader or have a very low reading age.

Or is it too difficult for you?

Did you pull over and delay your journey so the faster traffic would not be inconvenienced?
That is what you have claimed cyclists are required to do.

Does the British Highway Code apply in Italy?
When did that start?

So you only follow common courtesy when required to do by law.
Heinlein was right yet again.

Let's try your basic comprehension skills (such as they are) once again,
though probably without a great deal of hope.

"I always keep as far to the nearside as is necessary".

Now... take that one word at a time, use a dictionary as necessary
(start by looking up "always", then "necessary") and try again.

Let's know how you get on.

Simon Jester November 3rd 18 02:46 PM

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 2:27:43 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Childish insults aside, you are still evading the question.

When you were aware a faster moving vehicle wanted to pass you did you move over and let it pass even if that involved delaying your journey?
It is a simple Yes or No question and only requires a simple Yes or No answer.

JNugent[_10_] November 3rd 18 05:58 PM

On 03/11/2018 14:46, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

When did it become necessary?

Be precise.

[You can look up "precise" if necessary; in fact, I recommend you do so.]