CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Go Fabio Go (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254238)

Davey Crockett[_13_] July 13th 17 08:36 PM

Go Fabio Go

Now if he could just hold on to Paris....
--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg

Turbo July 14th 17 12:03 PM

Go Fabio Go

On 2017-07-13, Davey Crockett wrote:
Now if he could just hold on to Paris....

I was so happy when he become yellow, finally something
happened on the Tour, maybe it will not be boring to the
end...

--
obruT

Theodore Heise[_2_] July 15th 17 02:53 PM

Go Fabio Go

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:03:08 +0000 (UTC),
On 2017-07-13, Davey Crockett wrote:
Now if he could just hold on to Paris....

I was so happy when he become yellow, finally something
happened on the Tour, maybe it will not be boring to the end...

Hear! Hear!

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA

Davey Crockett[_13_] July 15th 17 03:57 PM

Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| Hear! Hear!

It works well that BSD?

I thought I might give it a try

Theodore Heise[_2_] July 16th 17 02:19 PM

Go Fabio Go

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:

| Hear! Hear!

It works well that BSD?

I thought I might give it a try

Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA

Davey Crockett[_13_] July 16th 17 05:06 PM

Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
|
| | Hear! Hear!
|
| It works well that BSD?
|
| I thought I might give it a try

| Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

Hi there Theo

It's around 50 years since I lived anywhere the English language
was used with any degree of universality and so I don't keep up
with regular anglophonic catchphrases and jargon. Ergo "whooshed"
eluded me until I looked it up!

And for that I apologize.

However, what I could infer from your posting headers was that you
were using a UNIX/BSD/LINUX/POSIX type operating system, and most
probably one of the BSD flavours.

And I was simply attempting to elicit some feedback on your
satisfaction with the operating system distribution you were
using.

I am currently using GNU-Linux -- the 14.2 64bit
Slackware Distribution -- and there are more than a few things
that annoy me about it (mostly the change to 64 bit) and the
inability of the latest Opera browser to handle all web traffic,
forcing me to use a combination of Firefox, Mozilla and Seamonkey
to perform certain tasks. (I hate KDE with a passion, but the
latest Opera version I tried had neither "Notes" nor "Speed Dial"
and so it was dumped forthwith,)

So I was thinking I might go back to 32 bit, or try another
distribution.

And so I was looking for your comments on NetBSD

Nothing heavy ;)

Theodore Heise[_2_] July 16th 17 11:40 PM

Go Fabio Go

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:06:29 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
| On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
|
| | Hear! Hear!
|
| It works well that BSD?
|
| I thought I might give it a try

| Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

Hi there Theo

It's around 50 years since I lived anywhere the English
language was used with any degree of universality and so I
don't keep up with regular anglophonic catchphrases and jargon.
Ergo "whooshed" eluded me until I looked it up!

And for that I apologize.

However, what I could infer from your posting headers was that
you were using a UNIX/BSD/LINUX/POSIX type operating system,
and most probably one of the BSD flavours.

Oh, duh. I should have figured that out. My excuse is the
context, I was not expecting computer related questions in rbr.

And I was simply attempting to elicit some feedback on your
satisfaction with the operating system distribution you were
using.

I am currently using GNU-Linux -- the 14.2 64bit Slackware
Distribution -- and there are more than a few things that annoy
me about it (mostly the change to 64 bit) and the inability of
the latest Opera browser to handle all web traffic, forcing me
to use a combination of Firefox, Mozilla and Seamonkey to
perform certain tasks. (I hate KDE with a passion, but the
latest Opera version I tried had neither "Notes" nor "Speed
Dial" and so it was dumped forthwith,)

So I was thinking I might go back to 32 bit, or try another
distribution.

And so I was looking for your comments on NetBSD

So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA

Davey Crockett[_13_] July 17th 17 12:11 AM

Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
| served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
| the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
| and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
| Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
| computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
| ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

Thanks for your input.

Your comment on your shell account is interesting because
personally I am finding myself using my shell on SDF (Systems
Dimensions Fortress - $1 for a lifetime membership) much more
frequently these days,

Theodore Heise[_2_] July 17th 17 01:23 PM

Go Fabio Go

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 19:11:16 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:

| So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
| served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
| the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
| and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
| Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
| computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
| ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

Thanks for your input.

Your comment on your shell account is interesting because
personally I am finding myself using my shell on SDF (Systems
Dimensions Fortress - $1 for a lifetime membership) much more
frequently these days,

A long time ago I settled on PINE and slrn for mail and news.
One feature I like is that slrn can save posts to my IMAP folder
structure, and PINE can access everything. With lots of work
travel, I was frustrated with fragmented access to news and e-mail
(plus I wanted the ability to control my own spam filters), so I
set up my server to have one news spool (and mail archive) I could
access from anywhere. I also thought learning Linix system
administration would be fun--and it was, for quite a few years.

Today I still prefer the command line for many things. On top of
that, the local *.panix groups are full of interesting and clever
people. So I persist.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA