CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How many bikes do you have? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=205)

M. Barbee July 24th 03 04:01 AM

How many bikes do you have?

I've got 2. A hybrid and a hybrid...well the second hybrid leans more
toward a road bike. I think I could fit another one into my apartment. I'd
like to own a real road bike, keep my better roadlike hybrid and trade in my
cheap hybrid for a mtn. bike.

"MisNomer" wrote in message
Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Fred July 24th 03 04:10 AM

How many bikes do you have?

4. A road bike, a hybrid, a mountain bike and a hybrid for my wife. I ride
every one of them every week.

Fred

Walter Mitty July 24th 03 05:22 AM

How many bikes do you have?

"Fred" brightened my day with his incisive wit
when in he conjectured
that:

4. A road bike, a hybrid, a mountain bike and a hybrid for my wife.
I ride every one of them every week.

Fred

5 rides a week? You have a lucky wife.

--
Walter Mitty.

Robin Hubert July 24th 03 06:14 AM

How many bikes do you have?

I currently have one too many, I think, at three.

--
Robin Hubert

James H. July 24th 03 08:57 AM

How many bikes do you have?

I have three, and two being rebuilt.

Zoot Katz July 24th 03 09:58 AM

How many bikes do you have?

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:55:04 GMT,
, MisNomer
wrote:

Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Logically, four bikes are the absolute minimum.

Four directions, four seasons, four elements.

Road - This can be a touring, audax or racing bike.
Street - For utility or commuter cycling.
Dirt - BMX, downhill, trails, XC etc.
Track - This can be a track bike if you live near a velodrome or just
a wild card bike that might be your chopper, penny farthing replica,
recumbent or other whacked out bike all bike whackos must have.

I've eleven and now a unicycle too.
--
zk

Don Wiss July 24th 03 11:23 AM

How many bikes do you have?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Zoot Katz wrote:

or just
a wild card bike that might be your chopper, penny farthing replica,
recumbent or other whacked out bike all bike whackos must have.

Which are most appropriate to ride in your local Critical Mass, which is
tomorrow!

Don donwiss at panix.com.

Jim Price July 24th 03 02:47 PM

How many bikes do you have?

MisNomer wrote:

Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Without going into too much detail about 19 bikes they are...

Good FS off road bike
Cheap FS off road bike
Good hardtail
Cheap hardtail
Urban assault hardtail
Time trial
Training
Commuting
Folding
Trials
Touring
Shopping
Recumbent
Folding
Going down the pub bike
Experimental bike
Singlespeed fixie
Offroad singlespeed
The bike I least mind getting stolen also known as the bike that gets
all the worn out or broken-and-bodged components. It currently has 1"
pedla to ground clearance, so anyone riding off on it would only get to
the first corner.

Don't know if these count, but:
2 unicycles (20" and 2")
Front wheel + handlebars for unicycle.

Don't forget surgery to the house to store this lot.

The experimental bike gets the components I didn't like in their
original configuration added to it in not necessarily conventional ways,
to see what can be made to work.

They don't all get ridden every week, but they do every year.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

RG July 24th 03 02:49 PM

How many bikes do you have?

"Jim Price" wrote in message
MisNomer wrote:

Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Without going into too much detail about 19 bikes they are...

..... gosh, I thought my tally of 11 was excessive ! (does you wife nag
about the bikes as much as mine does?)

Rob

Rick Onanian July 24th 03 03:21 PM

How many bikes do you have?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:55:04 GMT, MisNomer wrote:

Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

1. Mountain bike -- Very gnarly off-road-only bike

2. Road bike -- Very aggressive pavement-only bike, also rather expensive
and aesthetically pleasing.

3. Backup road bike -- Comfortable, less agressive, old, not as light as
#2, rescued from trash on garbage day. Then I spent probably up to $80 in
parts on it...but it's a nice result for my money!

I'd like to rescue a good mountain bike, but so far they've all been a la
huffy, so I fix 'em and my friend ride them (or I give them away).

--
Rick Onanian