CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Seat / Saddle / Endurance (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=80)

Ken July 13th 03 02:33 AM

Seat / Saddle / Endurance

Ed wrote in :
If everything "matches up", and the appropriate callouses have
developed, how long should I be able to sit on the saddle without
*having* to get up to regain some circulation?

On flat terrain, I can sit on my saddle in one position for hours at a time
(moving my hands around, but not my rear end).

In the hills, I put more pressure on my butt at times, but I also move around
a lot more to even it out.

[email protected] July 14th 03 09:40 PM

Seat / Saddle / Endurance

Ed wrote:
: If everything "matches up", and the appropriate callouses have
: developed, how long should I be able to sit on the saddle without
: *having* to get up to regain some circulation?

Depends on what you mean, but very long, ideally, I guess.
Yesterday I did about 40 km (two hours) without breaks, but the
rest of the ride I had some problems in the rear end... Then again
I put 40% more kilos over my previous personal record.

: Is it 15 minutes or an hour or what? The only thing that keeps me from
: extended bike riding is very short seating endurance.

You can get a recumbent if you want to do very long rides.

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi