CycleBanter.com

CycleBanter.com (http://www.cyclebanter.com/index.php)
-   UK (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chris Froome: a True Brit (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=241625)

Judith[_4_] July 20th 13 01:43 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 

Born in Kenya

Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.

Studied at University of Johannesburg

Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.

Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta

Lives in Monaco

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep : a true Brit.


Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.

Bertie Wooster[_2_] July 20th 13 07:07 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:43:39 +0100, Judith
wrote:


Born in Kenya

Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.

Studied at University of Johannesburg

Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.

Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta

Lives in Monaco

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep : a true Brit.


Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.


Do you know what has happened to Dave?

I tried his mobile, no answer.

Is he enjoying a well-earned retirement holiday? I sincerely hope so.

Perhaps, as his best Usenet friend, you will contact him on our behalf
and let us where he is and what he's up to.

Squashme July 20th 13 09:49 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 
On Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:07:01 PM UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:43:39 +0100, Judith

wrote:





Born in Kenya




Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.




Studied at University of Johannesburg




Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.




Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta




Lives in Monaco




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Yep : a true Brit.






Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.




Do you know what has happened to Dave?



I tried his mobile, no answer.



Is he enjoying a well-earned retirement holiday? I sincerely hope so.



Perhaps, as his best Usenet friend, you will contact him on our behalf

and let us where he is and what he's up to.


He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy. He'll be happier there, licking the wounds that he got from Alex Heney a few weeks ago.

Bertie Wooster[_2_] July 20th 13 09:53 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:07:01 PM UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:43:39 +0100, Judith

wrote:





Born in Kenya




Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.




Studied at University of Johannesburg




Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.




Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta




Lives in Monaco




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Yep : a true Brit.






Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.




Do you know what has happened to Dave?



I tried his mobile, no answer.



Is he enjoying a well-earned retirement holiday? I sincerely hope so.



Perhaps, as his best Usenet friend, you will contact him on our behalf

and let us where he is and what he's up to.


He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy. He'll be happier there, licking the wounds that he got from Alex Heney a few weeks ago.


OK - as long as he is safe and well, and the only thing that is
hurting are his feelings, I'm happy.

Bertie Wooster[_2_] July 20th 13 10:12 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy.


Is DIY his natural environment? I always had him down as one of those
nightmare tradesmen who don't know what they are doing and try to
charge you a call out fee for sucking through their teeth and telling
you you need a professional
plumber/electrician/gardener/decorator/handyman to do the job.

No Name July 20th 13 11:29 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:12:30 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy.


Is DIY his natural environment? I always had him down as one of those
nightmare tradesmen who don't know what they are doing and try to
charge you a call out fee for sucking through their teeth and telling
you you need a professional
plumber/electrician/gardener/decorator/handyman to do the job.



And I always had you down as a ****.


Bertie Wooster[_2_] July 20th 13 11:51 PM

Chris Froome: a True Brit
 
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 23:29:00 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:12:30 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy.


Is DIY his natural environment? I always had him down as one of those
nightmare tradesmen who don't know what they are doing and try to
charge you a call out fee for sucking through their teeth and telling
you you need a professional
plumber/electrician/gardener/decorator/handyman to do the job.



And I always had you down as a ****.


How kind!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57 PM.
Home - Home - Home - Home - Home

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CycleBanter.com