CycleBanter.com

-   -   How much does a hen-weigh (OK, a crankset) ? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=134522)

Mark Janeba June 1st 06 04:16 PM

How much does a hen-weigh (OK, a crankset) ?

Bob wrote:
Just a very rough idea, I know this will vary a lot... how much does a
typical vintage crankset like a Stronglight 49 or a TA Cyclotouriste
with double chainwheels (no bb, just cranks, arms, 42/52 chainwheels)
weigh ?

Per the 1976 Palo Alto Bicycle Shop catalog:

Campagnolo Nuovo Record: 639g
Stronglight 93 617g
Stronglight 105 588g

TA Cyclotouriste 660g
Stronglight 49 (TA rings) 630g

(All weights w/o bottom brackets; unknown ring sizes, but 42/52 likely
for the racing models. Doesn't specify if the touring model weights are
double or triple, but I'd guess double.)

Mark