CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2011 Tour Down Under - Closing speeches (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=224684)

Geoff Lock[_2_] January 23rd 11 05:56 AM

2011 Tour Down Under - Closing speeches

Just watched the final bits of the 2011 Tour Down Under on SBS and the
closing speeches where Lance Armstrong was called up to say a few words.

That Armstrong fellow has a very disarming way about him when he is on
stage with a microphone.

I am sure he is probably very unpopular in some circles but speaking for
meself as an average bloke on a pushie, he seems alright.

A bit of shame he is retiring - again :). I wouldn't have minded telling
me grandkids that I have ridden with Lance Armstrong, even if it was on
one of his Twitter rides :) Of cos, if I had, in fact, ridden on one of
his Twitter rides, which I have never done so, I'll probably not be
exactly saying it was a Twitter ride but make it sound a bit more like a
Tour de France or the Paris to Roubaix or something equivalent :)