CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Discovery losing riders (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=164695)

DirtRoadie July 2nd 07 12:44 AM

Discovery losing riders

My crystal ball says that even if they find a sponsor:

Hincapie is gone for next year.
http://www.cyclingpost.com/rider/article_004893.shtml

Danielson will get his stomach trouble diagnosed and resolved and will
be gone before this year is over.

DR

Bill C July 2nd 07 01:10 AM

Discovery losing riders

On Jul 1, 7:44 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
My crystal ball says that even if they find a sponsor:

Hincapie is gone for next year.http://www.cyclingpost.com/rider/article_004893.shtml

Danielson will get his stomach trouble diagnosed and resolved and will
be gone before this year is over.

DR

That'll be then end of his career if he goes to T-Mobile. It's the
graveyard of racers.
Bill C

Andre July 2nd 07 02:25 AM

Discovery losing riders

On Jul 1, 8:10 pm, Bill C wrote:
On Jul 1, 7:44 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

My crystal ball says that even if they find a sponsor:

Hincapie is gone for next year.http://www.cyclingpost.com/rider/article_004893.shtml

Danielson will get his stomach trouble diagnosed and resolved and will
be gone before this year is over.

DR

That'll be then end of his career if he goes to T-Mobile. It's the
graveyard of racers.
Bill C

Devolder will be leaving too. Discovery picked Levi instead of him to
be their leader for the Tour. He wants a team where he'll be the top
man.

Andre

Brian Lafferty July 2nd 07 03:42 AM

Discovery losing riders

Bill C wrote:
On Jul 1, 7:44 pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
My crystal ball says that even if they find a sponsor:

Hincapie is gone for next year.http://www.cyclingpost.com/rider/article_004893.shtml

Danielson will get his stomach trouble diagnosed and resolved and will
be gone before this year is over.

DR

That'll be then end of his career if he goes to T-Mobile. It's the
graveyard of racers.
Bill C

Bill, he's going there to lead the team in the 2008 Tour. Seriously
though, I hope you read Walsh's new book. It's not at all like LA
Confidential. The history of the US national team right through Postal
and Discovery are laid wide open by numerous people who were there. I
don't see how anyone can follow the tale of what went on and think that
anyone on Postal/Discovery or any other top team was clean. The irony
is that in a clean sport Hincapie would probably have a far longer win
list than he has now.

Tom Kunich July 2nd 07 04:50 AM

Discovery losing riders

"Brian Lafferty" wrote in message

Bill, he's going there to lead the team in the 2008 Tour. Seriously
though, I hope you read Walsh's new book. It's not at all like LA
Confidential. The history of the US national team right through Postal
and Discovery are laid wide open by numerous people who were there. I
don't see how anyone can follow the tale of what went on and think that
anyone on Postal/Discovery or any other top team was clean. The irony is
that in a clean sport Hincapie would probably have a far longer win list
than he has now.

And of course if there's anyone that we can depend upon for an insightful
opinion it's certainly Laff@me.

Mike Jacoubowsky July 2nd 07 05:15 AM

Discovery losing riders

The irony is that in a clean sport Hincapie would probably have a far
longer win list than he has now.

Because?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

RicodJour July 2nd 07 06:07 AM

Discovery losing riders

On Jul 2, 12:15 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
"Brian Lafferty" wrote in message

The irony is that in a clean sport Hincapie would probably have a far
longer win list than he has now.

Because?

Because Brian is assuming that Hincapie is clean and all the others
had an unfair advantage? Or is it that Hincapie is naturally immune
to doping products? Or that Lance is the Evil Emperor to Brian's Luke
Skywalker and George is Darth Vader who was corrupted by the dark side
of the Force?

I hadn't realized that an obsession can also include projected
schizophrenia. I'll have to google that.

Donald Munro July 2nd 07 09:58 AM

Discovery losing riders

RicodJour wrote:
George is Darth Vader who was corrupted by the dark side
of the Force?

Explains the sunglasses anyway.

John Forrest Tomlinson July 2nd 07 10:59 AM

Discovery losing riders

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 02:42:34 GMT, Brian Lafferty

don't see how anyone can follow the tale of what went on and think that
anyone on Postal/Discovery or any other top team was clean.

There is at least one guy on Postal who quit the team who I think was
clean.
--
JT
****************************

bob sullivan July 2nd 07 05:55 PM

Discovery losing riders

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 02:42:34 GMT, Brian Lafferty

don't see how anyone can follow the tale of what went on and think that
anyone on Postal/Discovery or any other top team was clean.

There is at least one guy on Postal who quit the team who I think was
clean.

Flandis? :) :) :)

~bob s.