CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Zabriskie IQ test (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=164470)

Donald Munro June 28th 07 09:45 AM

Zabriskie IQ test

From CN:
"You want that the testing will be 100% accurate. You don't want to end up
paying a year's salary [out of error]. You sign this document hoping that
they act in good faith because I am acting in good faith, but you never
know and I just hope for the best."

He may have difficulty passing an IQ test if he really believes the UCI or
WADA act in good faith.

[email protected] June 28th 07 03:09 PM

Zabriskie IQ test

On Jun 28, 4:45 am, Donald Munro wrote:

He may have difficulty passing an IQ test if he really believes the UCI or
WADA act in good faith.

1. what's the pass/fail criteria for an IQ test?

2. whoever said bike racers were intelligent? (I is wun)

Phil Holman June 28th 07 05:33 PM

Zabriskie IQ test

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 28, 4:45 am, Donald Munro wrote:

He may have difficulty passing an IQ test if he really believes the
UCI or
WADA act in good faith.

1. what's the pass/fail criteria for an IQ test?

Enough cerebral horsepower to breath.

2. whoever said bike racers were intelligent? (I is wun)

Street smarts makes for good road sense.

Phil H

bob sullivan June 29th 07 12:44 AM

Zabriskie IQ test

Well, geez, what choice does he have? He wants to ride the Tour (guess
he's still on the bubble, though), so he's got to sign the thing. He's
got to hope for the best. I hope it doesn't blow up in his (or anybody
else's) face, because I have serious misgivings about the testing
procedures.

~bob s.

From CN:

Geraard Spergen June 29th 07 01:47 AM

Zabriskie IQ test

Donald Munro wrote:
From CN:
"You want that the testing will be 100% accurate. You don't want to end up
paying a year's salary [out of error]. You sign this document hoping that
they act in good faith because I am acting in good faith, but you never
know and I just hope for the best."

He may have difficulty passing an IQ test if he really believes the UCI or
WADA act in good faith.

This does reek of a one-sided contract. Where's the clause that says if
LNDD screws up the chain of custody that they owe the rider a year of
the lab's profit? Or if McQ is accused of strong-arming the lab for
desired results that he is suspended for 2 years?

Simon Brooke June 29th 07 10:13 AM

Zabriskie IQ test

in message , Geraard Spergen
') wrote:

Donald Munro wrote:
From CN:
"You want that the testing will be 100% accurate. You don't want to end
up paying a year's salary [out of error]. You sign this document hoping
that they act in good faith because I am acting in good faith, but you
never know and I just hope for the best."

He may have difficulty passing an IQ test if he really believes the UCI
or WADA act in good faith.

This does reek of a one-sided contract. Where's the clause that says if
LNDD screws up the chain of custody that they owe the rider a year of
the lab's profit? Or if McQ is accused of strong-arming the lab for
desired results that he is suspended for 2 years?

Or if Pound deliberately leaks lab results he pays the rider a year of his
salary?

Morning had broken. I found a rather battered tube of Araldite
resin in the bottom of the toolbag.

RonSonic June 29th 07 02:24 PM

Zabriskie IQ test

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:13:07 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:

in message , Geraard Spergen
') wrote:

Donald Munro wrote:
From CN:
"You want that the testing will be 100% accurate. You don't want to end
up paying a year's salary [out of error]. You sign this document hoping
that they act in good faith because I am acting in good faith, but you
never know and I just hope for the best."

He may have difficulty passing an IQ test if he really believes the UCI
or WADA act in good faith.

This does reek of a one-sided contract. Where's the clause that says if
LNDD screws up the chain of custody that they owe the rider a year of
the lab's profit? Or if McQ is accused of strong-arming the lab for
desired results that he is suspended for 2 years?

Or if Pound deliberately leaks lab results he pays the rider a year of his
salary?

If ANYONE leaks lab results he hacks up a years pay AND gets suspended for 2
years from lab work (or whatever) and another 2 years from pro sports lab work.
Let's see if French and EU labor laws would tolerate that.

Ron

RicodJour June 29th 07 03:01 PM

Zabriskie IQ test

On Jun 29, 5:13 am, Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Geraard Spergen

This does reek of a one-sided contract. Where's the clause that says if
LNDD screws up the chain of custody that they owe the rider a year of
the lab's profit? Or if McQ is accused of strong-arming the lab for
desired results that he is suspended for 2 years?

Or if Pound deliberately leaks lab results he pays the rider a year of his
salary?

I'd be more biblical and go for the pound of Pound's flesh.

Sandy June 29th 07 03:39 PM

Zabriskie IQ test

Dans le message de ,
RonSonic a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:13:07 +0100, Simon Brooke
wrote:

in message , Geraard
Spergen ') wrote:

Donald Munro wrote:
From CN:
[...]

Short answer - NO.

Mark June 29th 07 06:01 PM

Zabriskie IQ test

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 29, 5:13 am, Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Geraard Spergen

This does reek of a one-sided contract. Where's the clause that says if
LNDD screws up the chain of custody that they owe the rider a year of
the lab's profit? Or if McQ is accused of strong-arming the lab for
desired results that he is suspended for 2 years?

Or if Pound deliberately leaks lab results he pays the rider a year of his
salary?

I'd be more biblical and go for the pound of Pound's flesh.

You're thinking Shakespeare (Merchant of Venice), not the bible.

Mark J.