CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cycling not particularly dangerous (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=187896)

Zebee Johnstone June 13th 08 01:32 PM

Cycling not particularly dangerous

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:14:51 -0500
Jon wrote:
In this case, I really am interested in why people, particularly
recumbent cyclists, think cycling is "dangerous" or not.

Most people act on first instinct about something new.

They seldom think. If called they will search for justification to
back up their instinct.

Actually *thinking* about things is difficult. Few are trained to,
few wish to put the effort in. It's hard, and it means you have to
question yourself, maybe go against that snap judgement.

Zebee

Edward Dolan June 13th 08 03:12 PM

Jon wrote:
In this case, I really am interested in why people, particularly
recumbent cyclists, think cycling is "dangerous" or not.

Most people act on first instinct about something new.

They seldom think. If called they will search for justification to
back up their instinct.

Actually *thinking* about things is difficult. Few are trained to,
few wish to put the effort in. It's hard, and it means you have to
question yourself, maybe go against that snap judgement.

Zebee

I couldn't agree with you more Zebee. That is why it is best to let the
Great Ed Dolan do all your thinking for you. He is a genius and is not only
Great, but a Great Saint besides. Thus, you get not only His Great Wisdom,
but His Great Holiness too!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka