CycleBanter.com

-   -   36 of the best cycling books — check out the books every cyclist should own (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=259114)

Simon Mason[_6_] March 28th 20 12:29 PM

36 of the best cycling books — check out the books every cyclist should own

QUOTE:
Want something to read? There are vast numbers of cycling books out there; few activities have as wide a range of literature. There are books on the bikes themselves, in all their variety; books on where to ride; on riding technique; on the great — and not so great — races; on cyclesport’s heroes and villains; and much more. Here are our picks of the best cycling books; everyone should have at least some of these in their collection.

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide...g-books-178518

Mike Collins March 28th 20 01:18 PM

On Saturday, 28 March 2020 12:29:50 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
Want something to read? There are vast numbers of cycling books out there; few activities have as wide a range of literature. There are books on the bikes themselves, in all their variety; books on where to ride; on riding technique; on the great — and not so great — races; on cyclesport’s heroes and villains; and much more. Here are our picks of the best cycling books; everyone should have at least some of these in their collection.

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide...g-books-178518

On the Beach by Nevil Shute makes good reading. It shows how people in an oil based culture suddenly turn to bicycles when they are cut off from their favourite drug.

Kelly[_2_] March 28th 20 02:01 PM

Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
Want something to read? There are vast numbers of cycling books out there; few activities have as wide a range of literature. There are books on the bikes themselves, in all their variety; books on where to ride; on riding technique; on the great - and not so great - races; on cyclesport"s heroes and villains; and much more. Here are our picks of the best cycling books; everyone should have at least some of these in their collection.

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide...g-books-178518

This virus crises lock-down certainly provides plenty of time to
indulge in reading, and there are a few titles on that 'best cycling
book' list you've given that are worth making a note of.

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always
with you.

MrCheerful March 28th 20 02:59 PM

On 28/03/2020 14:01, Kelly wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
Want something to read? There are vast numbers of cycling books out there; few activities have as wide a range of literature. There are books on the bikes themselves, in all their variety; books on where to ride; on riding technique; on the great - and not so great - races; on cyclesport"s heroes and villains; and much more. Here are our picks of the best cycling books; everyone should have at least some of these in their collection.

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide...g-books-178518

This virus crises lock-down certainly provides plenty of time to
indulge in reading, and there are a few titles on that 'best cycling
book' list you've given that are worth making a note of.

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always
with you.

Try: 'The death of Marco Pantini'

Kelly[_2_] March 28th 20 05:18 PM

Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
Want something to read? There are vast numbers of cycling books out there; few activities have as wide a range of literature. There are books on the bikes themselves, in all their variety; books on where to ride; on riding technique; on the great - and not so great - races; on cyclesport"s heroes and villains; and much more. Here are our picks of the best cycling books; everyone should have at least some of these in their collection.

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide...g-books-178518

This virus crises lock-down certainly provides plenty of time to
indulge in reading, and there are a few titles on that 'best cycling
book' list you've given that are worth making a note of.

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always
with you.

Try: 'The death of Marco Pantini'

I looked it up on Amazon where I learnt that Marco was prodigiously
gifted and superficially appeared to be a familiar type of sporting
self-destructor (similar to the likes of George Best, Diego Maradona
and Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins) but, apparently, he was a
'pharmaceutical creation' almost from the beginning.

The book was reviewed as being "immensely sad" but "a must read for
any cycling fan". It sounds quite intriguing and I'll make a note of
it as a future read. Thank you for the recommendation.