CycleBanter.com

-   -   Yamaha electric bikes (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254778)

Doug Landau September 20th 17 07:49 PM

Yamaha electric bikes

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...918-story.html

[email protected] September 20th 17 09:59 PM

Yamaha electric bikes

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:49:51 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...918-story.html

Do you suppose that they intend to make cars so expensive that people will be back to places like Holland or China where most people move about by bicycle?

Doug Landau September 20th 17 10:09 PM

Yamaha electric bikes

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:59:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:49:51 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...918-story.html

Do you suppose that they intend to make cars so expensive that people will be back to places like Holland or China where most people move about by bicycle?

I dunno. The other day I read an article in the lamo santa cruz newspaper which said that big business will be moving into pot growing soon. So this caught my eye.

I think they're missing an opportunity by not putting blue fenders on it, tho

John B.[_3_] September 21st 17 02:49 AM

Yamaha electric bikes

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:59:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:49:51 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...918-story.html

Do you suppose that they intend to make cars so expensive that people will be back to places like Holland or China where most people move about by bicycle?

In America? Never! They will just keep raising wages so everyone will
be able to own a car.

Henry Ford, of course went the other road. He built cars cheap enough
that almost anyone could afford one, but that is old economics. You
know, save your money, invest wisely, don't buy things that you can't
afford.... (old fashioned stupidity!)

--
Cheers,

John B.

Frank Krygowski[_2_] September 21st 17 05:22 AM

Yamaha electric bikes

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 9:49:27 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:59:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:49:51 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...918-story.html

Do you suppose that they intend to make cars so expensive that people will be back to places like Holland or China where most people move about by bicycle?

In America? Never! They will just keep raising wages so everyone will
be able to own a car.

Henry Ford, of course went the other road. He built cars cheap enough
that almost anyone could afford one, but that is old economics. You
know, save your money, invest wisely, don't buy things that you can't
afford.... (old fashioned stupidity!)

sigh I'm _so_ old fashioned!

- Frank Krygowski