CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Just ordered my Catrike Road! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=133837)

Grolch May 24th 06 11:06 PM

Just ordered my Catrike Road!

Just ordered, Catrike Road in green. Test rode a bunch of bents in all sorts
of configurations. Burleys, HP, EZ and others. Nothing came close to the
Trike in terms of putting a grin on my face. The bike really rewards
whatever you put into it. Too bad I still have to endure my upright till she
comes. Giddyup!

Grolsch

Jeff Grippe May 27th 06 02:44 PM

Just ordered my Catrike Road!

Interesting!

When I test rode a bunch of different trikes I found I really didn't like
the steering of the Catrike. My favorite, by far, was the Greenspeed but at
close to $5K, it wasn't really and option. The Wizwheelz was also pretty
good. Not Greenspeed but very close. When Greenspeed finally came out with
the more affordable GT's, I was able to get one.

I understand that Catrike has worked on the steering because there were many
people that didn't like it. What model year is yours?

Jeff

Grolch May 27th 06 03:51 PM

Just ordered my Catrike Road!

Mines the 2006. Apparantly they went with a modified steering system for
2005 but changed back to nearly the original setup. This is my first bent
anyway so I am a neophite as far as the finer aspects go. I couldn't even
test a greenspeed here anyway even if I was able to drop 5K for a bike. This
is as much of an experiment anyway to see if the whole thing "works" for my
purposes. The biggest downside I see is the aluminum. I am not a big fan of
aluminum (metal fatigue, comfort), but at 31 lbs this is the lightest sub 3K
bike out there.