CycleBanter.com

-   -   Can you see what it is yet? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=254568)

MrCheerful August 23rd 17 11:13 AM

Can you see what it is yet?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-dark-11036765

Simon Jester August 23rd 17 03:45 PM

Can you see what it is yet?

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 11:13:09 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-dark-11036765

Even with the poor quality video I managed to see the cyclist.
It's amazing how many motorists are able to see unlit cyclists.
Wearing hi-vis clothing and being lit up like a knocking shop on payday makes cyclists invisible.
Maybe motorists should obey the rule about being able to stop within the distance they can see to be clear.

TMS320 August 23rd 17 09:13 PM

Can you see what it is yet?

On 23/08/17 15:45, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 11:13:09 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-dark-11036765

Even with the poor quality video I managed to see the cyclist.

Precisely. No comparison to human vision - which is often obstructed,
not aided, by bright lighting.