CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Giant asteroid (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=232220)

artiage November 8th 11 10:52 AM

Giant asteroid

A Tuesday event!

Phil H November 8th 11 05:00 PM

Giant asteroid

On Nov 8, 3:52*am, artiage wrote:
A Tuesday event!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15572634
--

You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years. I guess when talking about the LA
indictment, astrological time frames and probabilities might be
appropriate.
Phil H

atriage[_6_] November 8th 11 06:23 PM

Giant asteroid

On 08/11/2011 17:00, Phil H wrote:
On Nov 8, 3:52 am, wrote:
A Tuesday event!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15572634
--

You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years.

Yeah it would have made an extremely large hole in the ground. Shame it didn't
land on the UCI HQ.

Simply Fred November 8th 11 07:04 PM

Giant asteroid

Phil H wrote:
You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years. I guess when talking about the LA
indictment, astrological time frames and probabilities might be
appropriate.

Astrological or astronomical ?

atriage[_6_] November 8th 11 08:10 PM

Giant asteroid

Phil H wrote:
You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years. I guess when talking about the LA
indictment, astrological time frames and probabilities might be
appropriate.

Astrological or astronomical ?

Only astrology has any chance of predicting which particular Tuesday they're
gonna nail LA.

Scott November 8th 11 11:39 PM

Giant asteroid

Phil H wrote:
You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years. I guess when talking about the LA
indictment, astrological time frames and probabilities might be
appropriate.

Astrological or astronomical ?

Only astrology has any chance of predicting which particular Tuesday they're
gonna nail LA.

--

And even then, it's only 50/50.

DWC_TT November 9th 11 12:56 AM

NEXT Giant asteroid

On Nov 8, 10:00*am, Phil H wrote:
On Nov 8, 3:52*am, artiage wrote:

A Tuesday event!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15572634
--

You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years.

You ain't seen nothin' yet!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis
"On Friday, April 13, 2029, Apophis will pass Earth within the orbits
of geosynchronous communication satellites.It will return for another
close Earth approach in 2036."

Yeah, a Friday, but YIKES!
DR

Fredmaster of Brainerd November 9th 11 02:33 AM

NEXT Giant asteroid

On Nov 8, 5:56*pm, DWC_TT wrote:
On Nov 8, 10:00*am, Phil H wrote:

On Nov 8, 3:52*am, artiage wrote:

A Tuesday event!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15572634
--

You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years.

You ain't seen nothin' yet!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis
"On Friday, April 13, 2029, Apophis will pass Earth within the orbits
of geosynchronous communication satellites.It will return for another
close Earth approach in 2036."

Yeah, a Friday, but YIKES!
DR

Look on the bright side, we know that (99942)Apophis
won't hit Earth in 2029, although there is still a small
possibility that it will hit in 2036 (very unlikely, but depends
on how its orbit is affected by the 2029 approach).

This gives us a full 7 years more in which to learn the
outcome of the Jan Ullrich WADA case.

Fredmaster Ben

atriage[_6_] November 9th 11 09:00 AM

NEXT Giant asteroid

On 09/11/2011 02:33, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Nov 8, 5:56 pm, wrote:
On Nov 8, 10:00 am, Phil wrote:

On Nov 8, 3:52 am, wrote:

A Tuesday event!http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15572634
--

You mean another missed Tuesday event. 200 000 miles to be exact and
the closest in 200 years.

You ain't seen nothin' yet!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis
"On Friday, April 13, 2029, Apophis will pass Earth within the orbits
of geosynchronous communication satellites.It will return for another
close Earth approach in 2036."

Yeah, a Friday, but YIKES!
DR

Look on the bright side, we know that (99942)Apophis
won't hit Earth in 2029, although there is still a small
possibility that it will hit in 2036 (very unlikely, but depends
on how its orbit is affected by the 2029 approach).

This gives us a full 7 years more in which to learn the
outcome of the Jan Ullrich WADA case.

I see, at last I understand WADA's scheduling considerations.

Simply Fred November 9th 11 07:37 PM

NEXT Giant asteroid

atriage wrote:
I see, at last I understand WADA's scheduling considerations.

Unless of course their scheduling is based on astrological charts.
Perhaps Lafferty should check whether LANCE's chart has anything about
some given Tuesday being occluded by Mars.