CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Air Seat Conversion? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=21998)

XWonka August 4th 03 07:13 AM

Air Seat Conversion?

It seems that the most popular air seat conversion is the miyata
conversion, Anyway....

The Black Torker's Saddle has been described as "Miyata Style." So i was
wondering if the very same miyata conversion can be used on that saddle?

--
XWonka - Ed, Edd, & Eddy Watcher

"What? No Flowers?"-Edd from Ed, Edd, and Eddy [image:
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/xwonka/keyto-l.jpg]
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

DasDingus August 4th 03 10:36 PM

Air Seat Conversion?

Ever since i started distance riding, i realized that i too need an air
saddle. I have a torker unistar black and was wondering if that can be
converted, or if i need to buy a real miyata seat.

--
DasDingus - Poor Unicyclist

That's where I saw the leprechaun!

He told me to burn things!
DasDingus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3294

jason August 4th 03 10:48 PM

Air Seat Conversion?

Greetings,

I have both a Miyata air saddle and a KH Velo. The Velo is extremely
close to the comfort of an air saddle and doesn't suffer from the handle
tearing issue of the Miyatas. I have a KH Velo because it came with
KH24 and I really like it. Depending on the price you might want to get
a KH Velo instead.

(Just my two cents...)

Cheers,
Jason

--
jason - Just some guy
jason's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1014

chirokid August 4th 03 11:11 PM

Air Seat Conversion?

jason wrote:
* I have a KH Velo because it came with KH24 and I really like it.
Depending on the price you might want to get a KH Velo instead. *

Is there a difference in a KH saddle and a KH Velo saddle. Or are we
talking about the same puppy here? --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Jim_Rob August 5th 03 12:04 AM

Air Seat Conversion?

Yes;

We have done two Torker saddle air-seat conversions, it works pretty
much the same way as the Miyata (done one of those too). The only thing
I don't like about those Torker saddles is the handles are weak. We've
ended up replacing them with the ones you can buy on Unicycle.com.

--
Jim_Rob - Old Man

TTFN

JR