CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Venue to sell a bike (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=46)

Default July 10th 03 07:36 PM

Venue to sell a bike

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Alex Rodriguez July 10th 03 08:59 PM

Venue to sell a bike

In article , th says...
Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.

Is eBay really any good?

Sometimes.
-----------------
Alex __O
_-\,_
(_)/ (_)

Donald Gillies July 10th 03 10:27 PM

Venue to sell a bike

"Default" writes:

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles.
Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell
the parts at a profit. So if your bike has collectable or high
quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very
nice condition) that are paid on ebay.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Default July 10th 03 10:46 PM

Venue to sell a bike

"Alex Rodriguez" wrote in message
In article , th says...
Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Rec.bicycles.marketplace is the obvious one.

Is eBay really any good?

Sometimes.
-----------------
Alex __O
_-\,_
(_)/ (_)

OK thanks for that, it's posted as: FS: SPECIALIZED HardRock mountain bike

Venue to sell a bike

"Donald Gillies" wrote in message
"Default" writes:

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles.
Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell
the parts at a profit. So if your bike has collectable or high
quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very
nice condition) that are paid on ebay.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Nah, just wanna sell it complete with the manufacturer's specs.