CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mazzoleni saving energy, sits in for Stage 5 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=47)

Robert Hampton July 10th 03 08:42 PM

Mazzoleni saving energy, sits in for Stage 5

Kevan Smith wrote:
He finished 126th today, firmly in the middle of the pack and with the same time
as the winner. Overall, he sits 171st, 08:55 down from the maillot jaune. This
rope-a-dope strategy a la Muhammed Ali (is that a terrorist name now?) suits him
well. Mountains tomorrow. Forza Mazzoleni!

Here's a pic of the Mazzoleni brothers:

http://www.bikenews.it/2002/corse/co...-mazzoleni.JPG

Ok, I've got a really stupid, and quite possibly very embarrassing,
question but I'm a newbie to this 'group and to riding. Is Fabrizio
Mazzoleni that posts here in the newsgroup one of the above pic'ed
brothers? (Donning and clearing my flame suit.) :)

--
Robert Hampton
Genesis POS

Robert Hampton July 10th 03 10:00 PM

Mazzoleni saving energy, sits in for Stage 5

Kevan Smith wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:42:31 -0500, Robert Hampton from
Genesis POS wrote:

Kevan Smith wrote:

He finished 126th today, firmly in the middle of the pack and with the same time
as the winner. Overall, he sits 171st, 08:55 down from the maillot jaune. This
rope-a-dope strategy a la Muhammed Ali (is that a terrorist name now?) suits him
well. Mountains tomorrow. Forza Mazzoleni!

Here's a pic of the Mazzoleni brothers:

http://www.bikenews.it/2002/corse/co...-mazzoleni.JPG

Ok, I've got a really stupid, and quite possibly very embarrassing,
question but I'm a newbie to this 'group and to riding. Is Fabrizio
Mazzoleni that posts here in the newsgroup one of the above pic'ed
brothers? (Donning and clearing my flame suit.) :)

Fabrizio Mazzoleni is number one. You are number six.

Say again, over?

--
Robert Hampton
Genesis POS

The Causey Way July 11th 03 01:06 PM

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message

Fabrizio Mazzoleni is number one. You are number six.

I am not a number, I am a ... free doughnut? You bet!

Anthony Leverock July 11th 03 08:44 PM

Mazzoleni saving energy, sits in for Stage 5

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:40:34 -0400, David Kerber
wrote:

In article , Kevan Smith
/\/\ says...
He finished 126th today, firmly in the middle of the pack and with the same time
as the winner. Overall, he sits 171st, 08:55 down from the maillot jaune. This
rope-a-dope strategy a la Muhammed Ali (is that a terrorist name now?) suits him
well. Mountains tomorrow. Forza Mazzoleni!

Here's a pic of the Mazzoleni brothers:

http://www.bikenews.it/2002/corse/co...-mazzoleni.JPG

Which is which?

I thnk he is the one talking to the guy in the middle.