CycleBanter.com

-   -   Trek video about sales during Covid-19 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=259356)

[email protected] May 13th 20 07:57 PM

Trek video about sales during Covid-19

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] May 13th 20 09:12 PM

On 5/13/2020 2:57 PM, wrote:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

Some bike stores experiencing a nearly 1000% jump in sales? Huge
increases across the industry?

It may be that COVID-19 is really a bike industry conspiracy! Follow the
money! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

JBeattie May 13th 20 09:53 PM

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 1:12:31 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/13/2020 2:57 PM, wrote:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

Some bike stores experiencing a nearly 1000% jump in sales? Huge
increases across the industry?

It may be that COVID-19 is really a bike industry conspiracy! Follow the
money! ;-)

My son is inundated with work at Specialized -- most of it eBike related. Supply chain issues seem to be under control. Sales are up. I don't know if there are any workforce issues with repair/shipping/receiving/warehouse -- which are not things you can do from home. One wonders how much of this will continue after the pandemic is over.

-- Jay Beattie.

SMS May 14th 20 03:53 AM

On 5/13/2020 2:57 PM, wrote:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

Some bike stores experiencing a nearly 1000% jump in sales? Huge
increases across the industry?

It may be that COVID-19 is really a bike industry conspiracy! Follow the
money! ;-)

My son is inundated with work at Specialized -- most of it eBike related. Supply chain issues seem to be under control. Sales are up. I don't know if there are any workforce issues with repair/shipping/receiving/warehouse -- which are not things you can do from home. One wonders how much of this will continue after the pandemic is over.

Was it was a conspiracy between Charmin, Chlorox, Trek, Specialized, and
Lysol?

N8N[_2_] May 14th 20 01:48 PM

On 5/13/2020 2:57 PM, wrote:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

Some bike stores experiencing a nearly 1000% jump in sales? Huge
increases across the industry?

It may be that COVID-19 is really a bike industry conspiracy! Follow the
money! ;-)

My son is inundated with work at Specialized -- most of it eBike related. Supply chain issues seem to be under control. Sales are up. I don't know if there are any workforce issues with repair/shipping/receiving/warehouse -- which are not things you can do from home. One wonders how much of this will continue after the pandemic is over.

Was it was a conspiracy between Charmin, Chlorox, Trek, Specialized, and
Lysol?

Doubt it. I can only purchase Trek and Specialized products. the others are missing a huge opportunity to cash in.

[email protected] May 14th 20 10:06 PM

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 11:57:03 AM UTC-7, wrote:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

The shop where I picked up my Emonda said that he was inundated mostly with repairs because he is a high end shop. He has a lot of Bob Jacksons and some Waterford Schwinns. The sells Waterfords but that isn't moving. Most of hos Gunnars and Salsas were gone.