CycleBanter.com

-   -   Happiness is..... (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=100301)

John Burns June 24th 05 04:16 PM

Happiness is.....

When it starts raining 30 seconds AFTER you get home :-)

Just missed a downpour this lunchtime.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!

Not Responding June 24th 05 05:42 PM

Happiness is.....

John Burns wrote:
When it starts raining 30 seconds AFTER you get home :-)

Just missed a downpour this lunchtime.

Same here. Watched the lunchtime torrents from the office and called it
a day at work at 1330 as the sun came out. Arrived home 1415 just in
time to see a stunning electrical storm accompanied by an assortment of
hail, rain and so on.

Not quite such an enjoyable display for the hotel down the road. It took
a direct hit and was burning well when I collected the children from
school[1].

[1] I confess; by taxi.

[email protected] June 25th 05 12:38 AM

Happiness is.....

John Burns wrote:
When it starts raining 30 seconds AFTER you get home :-)

Just missed a downpour this lunchtime.

I rather enjoyed my ride home though warm gentle rain this afternoon
although rain and dual pivot calipers and rush hour traffic don't mix
so well. I like a nice dramatic thunderstorm me

best wishes
james

Paul - xxx June 25th 05 12:02 PM

Happiness is..... (Question for Not responding)

Charlie came up with the following;:
As a matter of interest, where is the hotel?

Down the road ...

I'll get me coat .. ;)

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Fantic 307 Trials on ebay 4558564657
Beamish 250 Trials on ebay 4558566146

Not Responding June 25th 05 12:13 PM

Charlie wrote:
As a matter of interest, where is the hotel?

The Holiday Inn, Titchfield - just off the A27, west of Fareham. Your
question would be more correctly phrased "where /was/ the hotel?"

Just zis Guy, you know? June 25th 05 12:25 PM

Happiness is..... (Question for Not responding)

At Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:13:27 +0100, message
k was posted by Not
Responding , including some, all or none of the
following:

The Holiday Inn, Titchfield - just off the A27, west of Fareham. Your
question would be more correctly phrased "where /was/ the hotel?"

Blimey! I've stayed there!

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Julesh June 25th 05 03:49 PM

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
At Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:13:27 +0100, message
k was posted by Not
Responding , including some, all or none of the
following:

The Holiday Inn, Titchfield - just off the A27, west of Fareham. Your
question would be more correctly phrased "where /was/ the hotel?"

Blimey! I've stayed there!

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

There's a last time for everything!

Julesh

Al C-F June 25th 05 04:33 PM

Happiness is..... (Question for Not responding)

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:13:27 +0100, Not Responding
wrote:

As a matter of interest, where is the hotel?

The Holiday Inn, Titchfield - just off the A27, west of Fareham. Your
question would be more correctly phrased "where /was/ the hotel?"

Just been past it. Wish I'd had a camera. The exploded tiles are
quite a sight.

Apparently it was reception and some sort of function room that went,
the rooms are ok.

congokid June 26th 05 01:05 AM

Happiness is.....

In message , John Burns
writes
When it starts raining 30 seconds AFTER you get home :-)

Just missed a downpour this lunchtime.

I missed a downpour on the way home by popping into the swimming pool.
Still got wet.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google