CycleBanter.com

-   -   Bike Assembly - 'what's that' query (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=186311)

!Speedy Gonzales! May 23rd 08 06:11 PM

Bike Assembly - 'what's that' query

Picked up my new Tricross Sport today and opted to build it myself as the
LBS were pretty busy and I wasn't waiting until next week.
Anyhoo, I'm pretty handy with a spanner, allan wrench etc so got to work,
even though there was no self-build manual and info on the net was a bit
scarce. Bike is now built but I was left with 4 rubber inserts which seem to
go in the brake/gear lever. 2 are for the left, 2 for the right and they are
marked 4 degrees and 8 degrees.
What are these for and do you need them? I'm never fully satisfied without a
self build unless some parts are left over ;-)

--
!Speedy Gonzales!

Remove the SPAMTRAP to reply

!Speedy Gonzales! May 23rd 08 07:10 PM

Bike Assembly - 'what's that' query

"!Speedy Gonzales!" wrote in
message
snip
Forget that, found a site that indicates that these are 'shims', basically
spacers to bring the levers closer to the bar for those with smaller
hands/short reaching fingers.