CycleBanter.com

-   -   Cyclist slams into parked car (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=240826)

Mrcheerful[_3_] May 3rd 13 09:21 PM

Cyclist slams into parked car

careless cycling at the very least.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...in-shrewsbury/

jnugent May 3rd 13 09:42 PM

Cyclist slams into parked car

On 03/05/2013 21:21, Mrcheerful wrote:

careless cycling at the very least.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...in-shrewsbury/

That URL is not responding, but if it did, surely the tale would be that
one of the invisible passengers was watching out for him and caught him
with a door strategically flung open at the very last moment?

I mean, he didn't just run into the back (or front) of a parked car, did he?

Squashme May 3rd 13 09:52 PM

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...013/05/03/cycl...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8202157.html

jnugent May 3rd 13 10:04 PM

On 03/05/2013 21:52, Squashme wrote:

On May 3, 9:42 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 03/05/2013 21:21, Mrcheerful wrote:

careless cycling at the very least.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...013/05/03/cycl...

That URL is not responding, but if it did, surely the tale would be that
one of the invisible passengers was watching out for him and caught him
with a door strategically flung open at the very last moment?

I mean, he didn't just run into the back (or front) of a parked car, did he?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8202157.html

What's the connection (if any)?

jnugent May 3rd 13 10:05 PM

On May 3, 9:42 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 03/05/2013 21:21, Mrcheerful wrote:

careless cycling at the very least.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...013/05/03/cycl...

That URL is not responding, but if it did, surely the tale would be that
one of the invisible passengers was watching out for him and caught him
with a door strategically flung open at the very last moment?

I mean, he didn't just run into the back (or front) of a parked car, did he?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8202157.html

From the same newspaper:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/05/03/hurt-oswestry-cyclist-seeks-good-samaritan/

jnugent May 3rd 13 10:08 PM

On 03/05/2013 21:42, JNugent wrote:

On 03/05/2013 21:21, Mrcheerful wrote:

careless cycling at the very least.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...in-shrewsbury/

That URL is not responding, but if it did, surely the tale would be that
one of the invisible passengers was watching out for him and caught him
with a door strategically flung open at the very last moment?

I mean, he didn't just run into the back (or front) of a parked car, did
he?

Ah...

It's working now.

QUOTE:
Maria Wilkinson, a spokeswoman for West Mercia Police, said the road was
blocked for a short time while the man was treated after he was involved
in a collision with a stationary Jaguar.
ENDQUOTE

At first glance, I read that as "stationary jugular".

And it seems that the cyclist *did* just run into the parked car.

Oh dear... a Jaguar... I mean, if you're going to hit something, make it
something cheap.

First rule of comedy, that, Spike.

Squashme May 4th 13 12:30 AM

On May 3, 9:42 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 03/05/2013 21:21, Mrcheerful wrote:

careless cycling at the very least.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/e...013/05/03/cycl....

That URL is not responding, but if it did, surely the tale would be that
one of the invisible passengers was watching out for him and caught him
with a door strategically flung open at the very last moment?

I mean, he didn't just run into the back (or front) of a parked car, did he?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...kely-to-drive-...

*From the same newspaper:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/05/03/hurt-oswestry-cyclist-s...

I have never denied the utility of cars as road blocks, or as any
static thing.