CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   $100 recumbent. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=69157)

WivFam November 12th 04 03:34 AM

$100 recumbent.

$90 for a bmx with suspension.
1 piece of 1x8 birch. some metal plates and bolts
chains.
Some other stuff.

I do not see why you could not build a fully compatible recubent on this
position??!
Dave )

Dave is not akin to and avoidant of most occult fraternities, despite
maintaining his interest in life and conversation, because they have only
harmed or hindered that which was precious to him. Thank you.

Eric Jorgensen November 12th 04 04:38 AM

On 12 Nov 2004 03:34:06 GMT
(WivFam) wrote:

$90 for a bmx with suspension.
1 piece of 1x8 birch. some metal plates and bolts
chains.
Some other stuff.

I do not see why you could not build a fully compatible recubent on this
position??!

A lot of home builders start out cobbling together recumbents from donor
bikes exactly as you suggest. It gets cheaper if your donor bikes are free
with damaged frames or extremely cheap from, say, a police auction or
thrift store.

The other side of the coin is the cost of the welding and/or braising
gear. And the time investment.

Tom Sherman November 12th 04 05:19 AM

Mark Leuck TOP POSTED:

My guess is you will get something quality-wise as a $90 recumbent[.]

I've seen a wooden framed recumbent on the web somewhere, looked like a
BikeE[.]

The "Termite Taxi" fits this description
http://www.angelfire.com/id/BEEP/.

--
Tom Sherman

Mark Leuck November 12th 04 07:31 AM

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Mark Leuck TOP POSTED:

My guess is you will get something quality-wise as a $90 recumbent[.]

I've seen a wooden framed recumbent on the web somewhere, looked like a
BikeE[.]

The "Termite Taxi" fits this description
http://www.angelfire.com/id/BEEP/.

--
Tom Sherman

That would be the one

WivFam November 15th 04 05:11 PM

On 12 Nov 2004 03:34:06 GMT
(WivFam) wrote:

$90 for a bmx with suspension.
1 piece of 1x8 birch. some metal plates and bolts
chains.
Some other stuff.

I do not see why you could not build a fully compatible recubent on this
position??!

A lot of home builders start out cobbling together recumbents from donor
bikes exactly as you suggest. It gets cheaper if your donor bikes are free
with damaged frames or extremely cheap from, say, a police auction or
thrift store.

The other side of the coin is the cost of the welding and/or braising
gear. And the time investment.

Have tried done this. Have an excellent pole with suspension and everything My
suspension is rubber donuts from car suspensions. Unfortunately I cannot get my
balls up for this almost finished bike and I must buy a $90.00 bmx.

Mark Leuck November 16th 04 12:22 AM

"WivFam" wrote in message
$90 for a bmx with suspension.
1 piece of 1x8 birch. some metal plates and bolts
chains.
Some other stuff.

I do not see why you could not build a fully compatible recubent on

this
position??!
Dave )

Dave is not akin to and avoidant of most occult fraternities, despite
maintaining his interest in life and conversation, because they have

only
harmed or hindered that which was precious to him. Thank you

Too low
Dave )

Dave is not akin to and avoidant of most occult fraternities, despite
maintaining his interest in life and conversation, because they have only
harmed or hindered that which was precious to him. Thank you.

The price or the frame?

john riley November 17th 04 01:22 PM

More home builts he

http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/HomeBuilts.htm