CycleBanter.com

-   -   Both Valley Hospitals Shut Down By CV-19; Only Hope Left Is Cycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=259401)

Bret Cahill May 21st 20 03:45 AM

Both Valley Hospitals Shut Down By CV-19; Only Hope Left Is Cycling

Just took my first 60 km ride in 3 months and I was hoofing it. It could be the only meaningful health care available for the next couple years.

Simon Mason[_6_] May 21st 20 10:15 AM

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 3:45:38 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
Just took my first 60 km ride in 3 months and I was hoofing it. It could be the only meaningful health care available for the next couple years.

Well done, Bret! Take care out there.

Kelly[_2_] May 21st 20 10:38 AM

Bret Cahill wrote:

Just took my first 60 km ride in 3 months and I was hoofing it. It could be the only meaningful health care available for the next couple years.

That is some ride... had to look up 'hoofing it' but can now imagine
you taking rhythmical steps.

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] May 21st 20 01:15 PM

On Thu, 21 May 2020 09:38:26 GMT, (Kelly) wrote:

Bret Cahill wrote:

Just took my first 60 km ride in 3 months and I was hoofing it. It
could be the only meaningful health care available for the next couple
years.

That is some ride... had to look up 'hoofing it' but can now imagine
you taking rhythmical steps.

I dunno 60km in 3 months is possibly around Tom Moore's speed.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Kelly[_2_] May 21st 20 07:03 PM

Bret Cahill wrote:

Just took my first 60 km ride in 3 months and I was hoofing it. It
could be the only meaningful health care available for the next couple
years.

That is some ride... had to look up 'hoofing it' but can now imagine
you taking rhythmical steps.

I dunno 60km in 3 months is possibly around Tom Moore's speed.

That would mean hoofing it to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' by Captain Tom
Moore, Michael Ball & The NHS Voices of Care Choir... this is getting
surreal!