CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Project for Ryan (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=202415)

Amit Ghosh April 24th 09 05:13 PM

Project for Ryan

Turn an old sweater into a wool jersey :

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...atest%2 0News

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT April 24th 09 11:31 PM

Project for Ryan

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Amit Ghosh
wrote:

Turn an old sweater into a wool jersey :

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...atest%2 0News

I raced in a jersey like that (with a front zipper). And my first
cycling jersey had button pockets on the back AND the front.

I'm old.

Ryan Cousineau April 25th 09 12:21 AM

Project for Ryan

wrote:

Turn an old sweater into a wool jersey :

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...&catname=Lates
t%20News

It's an admirable project, but unless you're a dab hand with a sewing
machine or trapped in Europe, I don't think it's worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure you can get a wool jersey for less than EUR 40 on this
continent, though not in that retro style necessarily.

I raced in a jersey like that (with a front zipper). And my first
cycling jersey had button pockets on the back AND the front.

I'm old.

Wait, front button pockets? Pros stopped using those in the 60s or
something! You're not that old...

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT April 25th 09 12:43 AM

Project for Ryan

wrote:

Turn an old sweater into a wool jersey :

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...&catname=Lates
t%20News

It's an admirable project, but unless you're a dab hand with a sewing
machine or trapped in Europe, I don't think it's worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure you can get a wool jersey for less than EUR 40 on this
continent, though not in that retro style necessarily.

I raced in a jersey like that (with a front zipper). And my first
cycling jersey had button pockets on the back AND the front.

I'm old.

Wait, front button pockets? Pros stopped using those in the 60s or
something! You're not that old...

Yeah, but they were still for sale new in the early 80s for riding. It
was a Sergal long-sleeve wool jersey. My godtather gave it to me as a
gift.