CycleBanter.com

-   -   In London today (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257574)

TMS320 June 12th 19 11:29 PM

In London today

I saw people on bicycles. Nothing happened.

Simon Jester June 13th 19 12:17 AM

In London today

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 11:29:51 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
I saw people on bicycles. Nothing happened.

I know, it's really weird. I was in London last week and I didn't get mown down on the pavement by any cyclists.
I did see a lot of red light jumping by motorists but the lights had only been red for 10 seconds so that doesn't count.

TMS320 June 13th 19 10:33 AM

In London today

On 13/06/2019 00:17, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 11:29:51 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
I saw people on bicycles. Nothing happened.

I know, it's really weird. I was in London last week and I didn't get
mown down on the pavement by any cyclists. I did see a lot of red
light jumping by motorists but the lights had only been red for 10
seconds so that doesn't count.

I drove to get where I was going. Looking through my dashcam clips, I
have now found one evil, law breaking cyclist. Unfortunately being
unregistered, there is of course no way he/she can be hauled up and
punished for such a heinous crime.

So what did this scofflaw do? At a red traffic light he crossed the
solid line and stopped with his back wheel on it. Such behaviour really
must be stamped out. After all, when people get away with lots of small
things it usually leads to bigger things - on another day he might be in
a car and be tempted to behave like a...

....driver.