CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Platform pedals always feel like they have a bent spindle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=185278)

Rex Kerr May 10th 08 12:47 AM

Platform pedals always feel like they have a bent spindle

Does anybody else have this sensation?

Any bike that I ride with platform pedals (as opposed to clipless) feels
like it has a bent pedal spindle... doesn't matter whose bike, or which
pedals, it just always feels that way. I don't think that it's from
having become accustomed to a bent spindle on my regular pedals because
I can switch between various pairs of clipless pedals (frogs are what I
use) without such a sensation.

Perhaps it's somehow related to the reason why I switched to Frogs,
which is because I could never seem to get my cleat alignment such that
it wouldn't bother my knees? Maybe I just have funky legs. :-)

Am I all alone on this? :-)

--
Work and recreation are not often effected at the same time.
One using a bicycle in business makes an exception to the rule.

landotter May 10th 08 02:15 AM

On May 9, 6:47 pm, Rex Kerr wrote:
Does anybody else have this sensation?

Any bike that I ride with platform pedals (as opposed to clipless) feels
like it has a bent pedal spindle... doesn't matter whose bike, or which
pedals, it just always feels that way. I don't think that it's from
having become accustomed to a bent spindle on my regular pedals because
I can switch between various pairs of clipless pedals (frogs are what I
use) without such a sensation.

Perhaps it's somehow related to the reason why I switched to Frogs,
which is because I could never seem to get my cleat alignment such that
it wouldn't bother my knees? Maybe I just have funky legs. :-)

Sounds like you need a proper Saville Row shoe with a stiff sole!