CycleBanter.com

-   -   Shimano 600 derailleurs (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=261447)

Tom Kunich[_4_] April 21st 21 11:16 PM

Shimano 600 derailleurs

I just tripped over a Shimano 600 front and rear derailleur. If anyone is restoring a bike with these parts let me know. The rear derailleur looks pretty good. Clean and with very little wear on the idler pullies. The front is a 28.5 mm clamp-on. There is some wear on the steel guides but it looks to me like they could be polished out. It would cost you postage.

[email protected] April 22nd 21 03:21 AM

Shimano 600 derailleurs

I just tripped over a Shimano 600 front and rear derailleur. If anyone is restoring a bike with these parts let me know. The rear derailleur looks pretty good. Clean and with very little wear on the idler pullies. The front is a 28.5 mm clamp-on. There is some wear on the steel guides but it looks to me like they could be polished out. It would cost you postage.

I have a Shimano 600 crankset on one of my single speed bikes. But I'm not offering to give it away.

JBeattie April 22nd 21 06:37 AM

Shimano 600 derailleurs

I just tripped over a Shimano 600 front and rear derailleur. If anyone is restoring a bike with these parts let me know. The rear derailleur looks pretty good. Clean and with very little wear on the idler pullies. The front is a 28.5 mm clamp-on. There is some wear on the steel guides but it looks to me like they could be polished out. It would cost you postage.

I have a Shimano 600 crankset on one of my single speed bikes. But I'm not offering to give it away.

I have a 600EX FD on my commuter -- and discs and 11sp. STI. Living together in perfect harmony. I might break down and buy a new FD for better shifts, but so far, its good enough.

-- Jay Beattie.

Frank Krygowski[_4_] April 22nd 21 04:33 PM

Shimano 600 derailleurs

On 4/22/2021 1:37 AM, jbeattie wrote:

I have a 600EX FD on my commuter -- and discs and 11sp. STI. Living together in perfect harmony. I might break down and buy a new FD for better shifts, but so far, its good enough.

Good enough??? With other choices offering shifting 1/10 second quicker,
plus grams of weight reduction, plus stylish new looks??

Good enough! Whoa! What a concept! :-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

JBeattie April 23rd 21 04:23 AM

Shimano 600 derailleurs

On Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 8:33:11 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/22/2021 1:37 AM, jbeattie wrote:

I have a 600EX FD on my commuter -- and discs and 11sp. STI. Living together in perfect harmony. I might break down and buy a new FD for better shifts, but so far, its good enough.

Good enough??? With other choices offering shifting 1/10 second quicker,
plus grams of weight reduction, plus stylish new looks??

Good enough! Whoa! What a concept! :-)

Modern FDs do have a lighter feel and are better lifting the chain, but the commuter pig is like doing penance, so a crappy FD is good enough.

-- Jay Beattie