CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Turtle Flat (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=68252)

Mike Kruger October 27th 04 03:55 AM

Turtle Flat

From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and downpours, but
can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big snapper very, very slowly
making his way across the road. With all the traffic he's a definite goner.
Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he bites the
tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es
all over me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

Pat October 27th 04 04:12 AM

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
: From my brother in law:
:
: "Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and downpours,
but
: can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big snapper very, very
slowly
: making his way across the road. With all the traffic he's a definite
goner.
: Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he
bites the
: tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he
****es
: all over me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
: ******* and start walking home."

Well, that beats my squirrel story.

Pat in TX

Badger_South October 27th 04 04:48 AM

On 27 Oct 2004 02:55:39 GMT, mmm (Mike Kruger) wrote:

From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and downpours, but
can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big snapper very, very slowly
making his way across the road. With all the traffic he's a definite goner.
Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he bites the
tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es
all over me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

funny. There was a reptile or woods animal bites tire story gives flat here
last year, iirc. No kidding. What did you tell the LBS when you got a new
tire.

-B

Neil Cherry October 27th 04 05:14 AM

On 27 Oct 2004 02:55:39 GMT, Mike Kruger wrote:
From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod
him along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me
a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

Around here we know better than go after a snapper. A large one bit
the wooden handle off a shovel. I'm surprised it didn't do some damage
to the rim. I've seen a few really large snappers that you can't pick
up and those that are small enough to pick up you'd best be careful
around as that long neck of their's can come around a decent distance.

I am glad you saved him and it's too bad it cost you your tire and a
flat.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

Mark Hickey October 27th 04 05:20 AM

mmm (Mike Kruger) wrote:

From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and downpours, but
can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big snapper very, very slowly
making his way across the road. With all the traffic he's a definite goner.
Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he bites the
tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es
all over me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

I guess it IS true...

"No good deed goes unpunished"...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

B i l l S o r n s o n October 27th 04 06:17 AM

Mike Kruger wrote:
From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod him
along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me a
flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

Weird. Just today I saw a poor, dead turtle in the road; he'd obviously
been run over.

Bill "Terrapin alumnus" S.

Tom Keats October 27th 04 07:35 AM

In article ,
mmm (Mike Kruger) writes:

Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he bites the
tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es
all over me.

"... and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

B i l l S o r n s o n October 27th 04 07:56 AM

http://www.feartheturtle.umd.edu/

Bill "U of MD, Class of Beforeyouwereborn" S.

Roger Zoul October 27th 04 10:47 AM

Mike Kruger wrote:
|| From my brother in law:
|| "Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
|| downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
|| snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
|| the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod him
|| along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me a
|| flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
|| me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
|| ******* and start walking home."

How would you like it is someone tried to prod you along with the front
wheel of a bike?

Badger_South October 27th 04 12:11 PM

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:47:47 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Mike Kruger wrote:
|| From my brother in law:
|| "Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
|| downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
|| snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
|| the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod him
|| along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me a
|| flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
|| me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
|| ******* and start walking home."

How would you like it is someone tried to prod you along with the front
wheel of a bike?

I'm prodding myself along with the uh, wheels of a bike.

-B
turtling up