CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Dilemma of Tom Sherman (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=196000)

JimmyMac November 18th 08 01:32 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 16, 9:50*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 15, 9:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You wouldn't last a single year as a hermit
Irrelevant ... since, as previously stated SEVERAL TIMES, I have no

such inclination.

whereas I have lived the past 40 years pretty much as a hermit. That takes
Greatness!
Delusion is such a comfort. *As is often the case, our conclusion does

not strictly follow from your premise. *Do not misconstrue living a
voluntary cloistered, estranged life with fantasised greatness.

You need to give the hermit's life a chance.

I do???

Leave your wife and dogs. Then
go to Montana and live in a shack in the mountains for 5 years by yourself
with little or no contact with others. If you can do that, you will have
proven to me that you can be a hermit like me.

I never have and never will dance to your music. Your reading
comprehension skill are abominable. I said several times that the
life of a hermit does not in the least interest me. I could never be
that dysfunctional. Attempting to prove anything to you only proves
one thing ... that you matter and what you think matters, and well ...
you don't and it doesn't.

Then you can have a name like
mine too ... *Jim McNamara the Great!

I repeat ... Do not misconstrue living a voluntary cloistered,
estranged life with fantasised greatness.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

JimmyMac November 18th 08 01:47 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 16, 9:41*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 15, 9:23 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...] This is precisely why you cannot and will not pull the plug ...

because, despite what you indicated, it is inconvenient for you to do
so. You asserted that computers were unimportant in your life and
could be lived without which is obviously untrue. Pulling the plug
would not be a convenience to me but rather an inconvenience for you
and a godsend to the members of the newsgroups that you infest.

I will stay here forever just to spite you.
Thanks for the frank admission and confirmation that cannot do without

your computer and the internet which, in reality, have become an
essential and *significant facet of your hermetic existence. *You
really need to work on this bad habit of contradicting yourself.

Unlike you, I move on from one subject to another depending on what gets
said.

And that would be when ... after you contradict yourself and someone
make and issue of it? Depending upon what gets said ... as in ...
oops he's got me ... better move onto another subject and hope he
doesn't notice the diversion. Is your position so indefensible that
you find it necessary to change the topic and move on? Either you can
live as a hermit without the use of you computer adn the internet as
you have asserted or you cannot. The latter is obviously the truth
that you are running from.

It must be horrible to be stuck forever on one just subject, i.e., Ed
Dolan the Great!

You always desperately play that card when you have no other card left
to play. Tell you what, admit that you cannot do without your
computer and the internet (your cybet-umbilical chord) and be done
with this subject. The fact is that you CANNOT do without your
computer and the internet and you WILL NOT admit it. At this
juncture, that much should be obvious to all.

Edward Dolan November 18th 08 09:38 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 16, 9:41 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Unlike you, I move on from one subject to another depending on what gets
said.

And that would be when ... after you contradict yourself and someone

make and issue of it? Depending upon what gets said ... as in ...
oops he's got me ... better move onto another subject and hope he
doesn't notice the diversion. Is your position so indefensible that
you find it necessary to change the topic and move on? Either you can
live as a hermit without the use of you computer adn the internet as
you have asserted or you cannot. The latter is obviously the truth
that you are running from.

You must be an idiot. I have lived most of my life as a hermit without a
computer. I could easily live the rest of my life without a computer, but
why should I. I can find lots to amuse me on it, like these ****ing stupid
newsgroups for instance.

It must be horrible to be stuck forever on one just subject, i.e., Ed
Dolan the Great!

You always desperately play that card when you have no other card left

to play. Tell you what, admit that you cannot do without your
computer and the internet (your cybet-umbilical chord) and be done
with this subject. The fact is that you CANNOT do without your
computer and the internet and you WILL NOT admit it. At this
juncture, that much should be obvious to all.

"You must be an idiot. I have lived most of my life as a hermit without a
computer. I could easily live the rest of my life without a computer, but
why should I. I can find lots to amuse me on it, like these ****ing stupid
newsgroups for instance." - Ed Dolan

Edward Dolan November 18th 08 09:42 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 16, 9:50 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Leave your wife and dogs. Then
go to Montana and live in a shack in the mountains for 5 years by yourself
with little or no contact with others. If you can do that, you will have
proven to me that you can be a hermit like me.

I never have and never will dance to your music. Your reading

comprehension skill are abominable. I said several times that the
life of a hermit does not in the least interest me. I could never be
that dysfunctional. Attempting to prove anything to you only proves
one thing ... that you matter and what you think matters, and well ...
you don't and it doesn't.

Just as I thought. You could never do it!

Then you can have a name like
mine too ... Jim McNamara the Great!

I repeat ... Do not misconstrue living a voluntary cloistered,

estranged life with fantasised greatness.

You must live the life of a lone eagle in order to be Great. There is no
other way!

JimmyMac November 18th 08 02:51 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 18, 3:42*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 16, 9:50 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Leave your wife and dogs. Then
go to Montana and live in a shack in the mountains for 5 years by yourself
with little or no contact with others. If you can do that, you will have
proven to me that you can be a hermit like me.
I never have and never will dance to your music. Your reading

comprehension skills are abominable. *I said several times that the
life of a hermit does not in the least interest me. *I could never be
that dysfunctional. * Attempting to prove anything to you only proves
one thing ... that you matter and what you think matters, and well ...
you don't and it doesn't.

Just as I thought. You could never do it!

Just as I thought ... your reading comprehension skills are
abominable. I see you're playing stupid again and it looks like
you're winning.

Then you can have a name like
mine too ... Jim McNamara the Great!
I repeat ... Do not misconstrue living a voluntary cloistered,

estranged life with fantasised greatness.

You must live the life of a lone eagle in order to be Great. There is no
other way!

Opinion stated as fact ... nothing new there.. Don't sing it ...
prove that you are this mythological great lone eagle. Pull the
computer plug, abandon the internet, sever your cyber-umbilical chord.
and return to your books and cats. If you can't do that then is no
longer any need for you to continue to insult the readers intelligence
by pretending that you can. Insistence without action only serves to
undermine your credibility. You will only convince the readership of
your sincerity when you follow through. Until then, you can stop
blowing sunshine up our collective asses.

JimmyMac November 18th 08 03:15 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 18, 3:38*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Nov 16, 9:41 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Unlike you, I move on from one subject to another depending on what gets
said.
And that would be when ... after you contradict yourself and someone

make and issue of it? *Depending upon what gets said ... as in ...
oops he's got me ... better move onto another subject and hope he
doesn't notice the diversion. *Is your position so indefensible that
you find it necessary to change the topic and move on? *Either you can
live as a hermit without the use of you computer and the internet as
you have asserted or you cannot. *The latter is obviously the truth
that you are running from.

You must be an idiot. I have lived most of my life as a hermit without a
computer. I could easily live the rest of my life without a computer, but
why should I. I can find lots to amuse me on it, like these ****ing stupid
newsgroups for instance.

The past is the past and this is the here and now and in the here and
now is it apparent that you are incapable of severing your cyber-
umbilical chord. You have made that quite clear at this juncture.
You cannot consider yourself to be a true hermit until you have done
so. No hermit worthy of the label would have a computer and/or
internet connection.

It must be horrible to be stuck forever on one just subject, i.e., Ed
Dolan the Great!
You always desperately play that card when you have no other card left

to play. *Tell you what, admit that you cannot do without your
computer and the internet (your cybet-umbilical chord) and be done
with this subject. *The fact is that you CANNOT do without your
computer and the internet and you WILL NOT admit it. *At this
juncture, that much should be obvious to all.

"You must be an idiot. I have lived most of my life as a hermit without a
computer. I could easily live the rest of my life without a computer, but
why should I. I can find lots to amuse me on it, like these ****ing stupid
newsgroups for instance." - Ed Dolan

Repeating an assertion does not make a statement anymore true than
when first presented. Regardless, thanks for the confirmation that
you can nether do without your computer and your internet connection
nor admit it. It is a given that your past is a lifestyle of the
"was" and your present is a lifestyle of the "is". I challenged you
to prove that you can adopt the lifestyle of your past (devoid of
computer and internet connection) as asserted and you failed to take
up the challenge. In the process, you effectively verified as
fallacious your contention that you can live without a computer and
internet connection. Real hermits don't own computers!

Edward Dolan November 18th 08 04:07 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 3:38 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You must be an idiot. I have lived most of my life as a hermit without a
computer. I could easily live the rest of my life without a computer, but
why should I. I can find lots to amuse me on it, like these ****ing stupid
newsgroups for instance.

The past is the past and this is the here and now and in the here and

now is it apparent that you are incapable of severing your cyber-
umbilical chord. You have made that quite clear at this juncture.
You cannot consider yourself to be a true hermit until you have done
so. No hermit worthy of the label would have a computer and/or
internet connection.

Being a hermit has nothing to do with cutting yourself off from a culture,
which in part is what a computer and the Internet provides. It simply means
that you do not see many people and prefer to be alone.
[...]

Edward Dolan November 18th 08 04:12 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 3:42 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You must live the life of a lone eagle in order to be Great. There is no
other way!

Opinion stated as fact ... nothing new there.. Don't sing it ...

prove that you are this mythological great lone eagle. Pull the
computer plug, abandon the internet, sever your cyber-umbilical chord.
and return to your books and cats. If you can't do that then is no
longer any need for you to continue to insult the readers intelligence
by pretending that you can. Insistence without action only serves to
undermine your credibility. You will only convince the readership of
your sincerity when you follow through. Until then, you can stop
blowing sunshine up our collective asses.

This lone eagle of which I speak must also reside on a mountain top isolated
from all the rest of the world. The lone eagle does only one thing ... it
stares into the ether. If you would be Great, that is what you must do.

JimmyMac November 18th 08 06:03 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 18, 10:07*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

[...

Contradicting yourself again??? Am I to assume that you are now
recanting your previous statement when you wrote ... Unlike
JimmyMac, I was never stupid enough to think computers were
important. Well are they or are they not stupid? That is the
question and which Ed really believes is yet another. If I am to
accept the preposterous premise that a computer and the internet
comprise a conduit to culture, than that begs the question as to what
was the conduit in the past prior to the invention of the computer and
the internet. A hermit shuns all form of social contact and
interaction with others, so then you must not be a true hermit, sort
of like being a lacto-ov-vegetarian or a pescatarian. No matter
though. You are what you are, but the bottom line is that you will
not discard the computer and internet connection and will not admit
that you are unwilling and unable to do so. You have made is
abundantly clear that regardless of what you have said to the
contrary, the computer and the internet are an integral part of your
compromised semi- hermetic lifestyle.

JimmyMac November 18th 08 06:16 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 18, 10:12*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

You have a computer and internet connection that works up there?
Irrelevant diversion duly noted. You, your computer and your internet
connection are inseparable. Until you become detached ,you are not a
lone eagle ... not even a traditional hermit in accordance with a
purist's strict definition. No matter what kind of spin you vainly
attempt to put on all this, the reality of the situation is not
altered. You live a semi-hermetic lifestyle regardless of the label
you put on it. To become are lone eagle of a hermit the computer must
go. So which one are you will to give up ... the label or the
computer? The conundrum continues.

Edward Dolan November 19th 08 05:03 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

A computer and the Internet are NOT important, but they are amusing. When I
no longer find any of this amusing, I will be done with it but not before.
Conduits to culture (artifacts) exist in thousands of different ways, the
main one being language itself. A computer and the Internet is just one
conduit among thousands.

Edward Dolan November 19th 08 05:07 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

A hermit simply prefers his own company to that of others and consequently
is alone a lot. Artifacts like computers and the Internet are irrelevant.

JimmyMac November 19th 08 01:10 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 18, 11:07*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

BULL****!!! No matter what kind of spin you put on this, your
computer and internet connection serve as your conduit of social
contact of sorts, something a real, true hermit would shun
completely. If your computer is as you have asserted ... stupid,
unimportant and irrelevant (your adjectives), then you should have no
difficulty in abandoning them and become transformed into the lone
eagle (read real, true hermit) that you claim to be. If you cannot
abandon your computer and internet connection, then it follows
that ... 1, You are not a full fledged hermit, 2. Your computer and
internet connection are, in reality, not stupid, unimportant and
irrelevant, and 3. Stating that they are is what is stupid,
unimportant and irrelevant ... and, that's that on that (read the
bottom line).

Artifacts like computers and the Internet are irrelevant.

INCONGRUOUS!!! Conan the librarian ... an artifact is a man made
object of cultural or historical significance. Why then would you
refer to a computer as stupid, unimportant and irrelevant and then
subsequently label it an artifact? The conundrum continues!

JimmyMac November 19th 08 01:16 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 18, 11:03*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

What is amusing is your inane incongruity. Your computer and internet
connection serve as your conduit of social contact of sorts, something
a real, true hermit would shun completely. If unimportant, then
abandon your computer and the internet and embark upon a journey into
the real domain of the hermit. I refer you to my reply in your next
post in this regard.

Edward Dolan November 19th 08 01:26 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

A computer is not being with people in the flesh, but only with their
printed words. In other words, with an artifact.

Artifacts like computers and the Internet are irrelevant.

INCONGRUOUS!!! Conan the librarian ... an artifact is a man made
object of cultural or historical significance. Why then would you
refer to a computer as stupid, unimportant and irrelevant and then
subsequently label it an artifact? The conundrum continues!

An artifact is anything having to do with man - in short, a man made object.
The fact remains I am not with people much. Artifacts have nothing to do
with whether or not one is a hermit. If you avoid people in the flesh like I
do, then you are a hermit. I live in solitude and am quite reclusive.

JimmyMac November 20th 08 01:10 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

On Nov 19, 7:26*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

A rose by any other name is still a rose ... contact is contact.

marika November 21st 08 02:56 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

BULL****!!!

Quit making me laugh, you heartless fiend!

No matter what kind of spin you put on this, your
computer and internet connection serve as your conduit of social
contact of sorts, something a real, true hermit would shun
completely.

i am trying to remember roanoke fondly, as my home, the one i shouldn't feel
sorry for leaving

mk50000

"Suspect each moment, for it is a thief, tiptoeing away with more than it
brings. "--A Month of Sundays, John Updike

marika November 23rd 08 05:01 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
A hermit simply prefers his own company to that of others and
consequently

is alone a lot. Artifacts like computers and the Internet are irrelevant.

Not a very compelling argument

You don't prefer your own company to that of others. If you preferred your
own then you wouldn't be here arguing with other people. The computer would
be of no interest to you if it were not populated with people whom you could
deride and feel superior to. In order for you to have a sense of self you
need these others to compare yourself to.

mk5000

marika November 23rd 08 05:03 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

What is amusing is your inane incongruity. Your computer and internet
connection serve as your conduit of social contact of sorts, something
a real, true hermit would shun completely. If unimportant, then
abandon your computer and the internet and embark upon a journey into
the real domain of the hermit. I refer you to my reply in your next
post in this regard.

===========

Lolcat

mk5000

"For woman is yin, the darkness within, where untempered passions lie. And
man is yang, bright truth lighting our minds." --Amy Tan, Joy Luck CLub

Edward Dolan November 23rd 08 05:56 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS NOR DOES HE EVEN INCLUDE ANY OF THE MESSAGE TO
WHICH HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT AN IDIOT!

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

What is amusing is your inane incongruity. Your computer and internet
connection serve as your conduit of social contact of sorts, something
a real, true hermit would shun completely. If unimportant, then
abandon your computer and the internet and embark upon a journey into
the real domain of the hermit. I refer you to my reply in your next
post in this regard.

JimmyMac does not claim to be a hermit like me. Au contraire, he claims to
be the most sociable of men even though he can't ever seem to get along with
anybody. I suspect only his two poor old longsuffering hound dogs can stand
him. His wife is going to divorce him once she finds out what he is has been
up to on Usenet. Most normal women hate stalkers.

In the off chance your remark above was referring to Ed Dolan the Great, the
only salient point is your "of sorts", but that does not really cover it.
There is no social contact going on here at all. I am merely using others to
think aloud and in public to myself. Even Tom Sherman does not engage me on
a personal level. How much less so JimmyMac! Nope, sorry, but all I am doing
is talking to myself. That is what hermits do after all! You are welcome to
listen, but never think for a moment that this detracts from my solitary
hermitage. Yea, the dogs bark in the night, but the caravan moves on.

Edward Dolan November 23rd 08 06:15 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
A hermit simply prefers his own company to that of others and
consequently

is alone a lot. Artifacts like computers and the Internet are irrelevant.

Not a very compelling argument

You don't prefer your own company to that of others. If you preferred
your own then you wouldn't be here arguing with other people. The
computer would be of no interest to you if it were not populated with
people whom you could deride and feel superior to. In order for you to
have a sense of self you need these others to compare yourself to.

Poor Marika does not understand anything. Does Tom Sherman exist? Does
JimmyMac exist? Does Marika exist? Not to me they don't. They are merely
printed words that I read on a Usenet newsgroup. The real danger for us
hermits is not the non-existence of others, but of our own non-existence. It
seems the sense of my own reality becomes more ephemeral with each passing
year. It cannot be healthy to be always talking to only oneself, so that is
why I burden the rest of you with my mutterings. How else will I know if I
exist?

marika November 23rd 08 06:24 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:CeidnVeSQPq7BLTUnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
[...]

Sure Ed when you stop feeling compelled to stop posting responses in usenet,
then I'll believe you

mk5000

"Religiously-motivated 'vir*tu*ous' be*hav*iour has likely played a vi*tal
so*cial role through*out his*to*ry. One rea*son we now have large,
co*op*er*a*tive so*ci*eties may be that some as*pects of re*li*gion - such
as out*sourc*ing costly so*cial polic*ing du*ties to all-pow*er*ful Gods -
made so*ci*eties work more co*op*er*a*tively in the past."--Azim Shar*iff

Edward Dolan November 23rd 08 06:29 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

[...]

God is dead, or hadn't you heard? He died in the 20th century.

JimmyMac November 25th 08 01:44 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

What is amusing is your inane incongruity. *Your computer and internet
connection serve as your conduit of social contact of sorts, something
a real, true hermit would shun completely. *If unimportant, then
abandon your computer and the internet and embark upon a journey into
the real domain of the hermit. *I refer you to my reply in your next
post in this regard.

JimmyMac does not claim to be a hermit like me. Au contraire, he claims to
be the most sociable of men even though he can't ever seem to get along with
anybody. I suspect only his two poor old longsuffering hound dogs can stand
him. His wife is going to divorce him once she finds out what he is has been
up to on Usenet. Most normal women hate stalkers.

Same old masticated and regurgitated errant opinion state as fact.

In the off chance your remark above was referring to Ed Dolan the Great, the
only salient point is your "of sorts", but that does not really cover it.
There is no social contact going on here at all. I am merely using others to
think aloud and in public to myself. Even Tom Sherman does not engage me on
a personal level. How much less so JimmyMac! Nope, sorry, but all I am doing
is talking to myself. That is what hermits do after all! You are welcome to
listen, but never think for a moment that this detracts from my solitary
hermitage. Yea, the dogs bark in the night, but the caravan moves on.

Why don't you hop on that caravan and move on ? Dolan mistakenly
confuses physical with social. Social contact does not presuppose the
physical. In other words physical contact is not a prerequisite for
social contact. That much should be obvious to one who asserts that
he is a genius. Readers note the operative word "using" and draw
your own conclusions regarding how Dolan regards the readership. Also
take note of the blatant fallacy that Dolan is merely thinking aloud
publicly, but to himself. If that sounds incongruous, it should.
Since when does thinking to oneself requrie a public audience and why
should a computer and internet connection be required? The conundrum

Edward Dolan November 25th 08 01:58 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

JimmyMac does not understand what it is to be a hermit. Apparently, it is
too simple a word for him. Anyone who lives in solitude is a hermit. Ed
Dolan lives in solitude. Therefore, Ed Dolan is a hermit.

Edward Dolan November 25th 08 02:06 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

[...]

The operational word here is BURDEN!!! How else will you know if you

exist. Take leave of here and with the each passing yer we can take
turns sending you Thank You cards on your birthday. DEAL???

JimmyMac as a graduate of a Jesuit institution (Loyola College) should know
that psychology without philosophy is a waste of time. I am here to give all
of you dumbbells a little philosophy so you won't go out of the world as
ignorant as you came into it.

Edward Dolan November 25th 08 03:40 PM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 23, 11:01 am, "marika" wrote:
[...]
The hammer and sickle are communist not socialist,

I think the Usian socialists use a zig zag kind of a bolt of lightning

What difference did it make whether international or national socialism?
Hitler and Stalin both represented the culmination of far left (progressive)
European political movements. For some reason, American leftist idiots
(progressives) did not like Hitlerism, but they loved Stalinism. Go figure!
[...]

Right on ... you go girl ;^)

Marika ... a girl? Well, you may be right about that. She is certainly dumb
enough to be a female.

marika November 26th 08 01:30 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:SMGdnTo9I6nVm7HUnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

JimmyMac as a graduate of a Jesuit institution (Loyola College) should
know that psychology without philosophy is a waste of time. I am here to
give all of you dumbbells a little philosophy so you won't go out of the
world as ignorant as you came into it.

Loved this. because it contained resembled a lesson in philosophy or
anything else for that matter

In any event the study of philosophy is for little poofy gurlz

mk5000

"I am: Kimberly Keiko Cameron (aka Skim)
My best friend: Lisa Soor
My Cat: Sumo
Interests: Wicca, tarot cards, astrology (me=Aquarius= very unpredictable),
philosophy
Favorite color: black ^H^H^H^H^H red"--Skim, Mariko Tamaki

Edward Dolan November 26th 08 01:39 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:Y66dnSzCvclsPbTUnZ2dnUVZ_hadnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

God is dead, or hadn't you heard? He died in the 20th century.

God is a hermit and has been since the 20th century

The God of the Christians is Three Persons in One. Therefore, He is not a
hermit.

THis is why you haven't been able to communicate with him he wants no part
of you and his dedication to the anchorite life is true unlike yours

God communes with His Son and the Holy Ghost all the time. Jeez, do I have
to explain EVERYTHING to you!

Edward Dolan November 26th 08 01:48 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

"JimmyMac" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

Poor Marika does not understand anything. Does Tom Sherman exist? Does
JimmyMac exist? Does Marika exist? Not to me they don't. They are merely
printed words that I read on a Usenet newsgroup. The real danger for us
hermits is not the non-existence of others, but of our own non-existence.
It
seems the sense of my own reality becomes more ephemeral with each
passing
year. It cannot be healthy to be always talking to only oneself, so that
is
why I burden the rest of you with my mutterings. How else will I know if
exist?

The operational word here is BURDEN!!! How else will you know if you
exist. Take leave of here and with the each passing yer we can take
turns sending you Thank You cards on your birthday. DEAL???

Ed has a crush on me.

Get some smarts and who knows?

But if there's one thing I don't want from him is thinking I exist

You only exist ever so briefly as a phantom when I read your messages on
Usenet.

Edward Dolan November 26th 08 02:02 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

What difference did it make whether international or national socialism?
Hitler and Stalin both represented the culmination of far left (progressive)
European political movements. For some reason, American leftist idiots
(progressives) did not like Hitlerism, but they loved Stalinism. Go figure!

we're talking trademarks, not map boundaries

I am saying they were one and the same. They were both far left ideologies
bent on mass murder.

pay attention

You do not have brains enough to edit my words. Either leave them in full or
go **** yourself! As for what you are talking about, who the hell ever
knows. You seem to have a constipation of the mind. It is better to say a
bit too much than a bit to little. Follow my example and you will never go
wrong.

Why not make yourself useful and tell us what this lester-mosley **** is all
about?

Edward Dolan November 26th 08 02:45 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:SMGdnTo9I6nVm7HUnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

JimmyMac as a graduate of a Jesuit institution (Loyola College) should
know that psychology without philosophy is a waste of time. I am here to
give all of you dumbbells a little philosophy so you won't go out of the
world as ignorant as you came into it.

Loved this. because it contained resembled a lesson in philosophy or
anything else for that matter

In any event the study of philosophy is for little poofy gurlz

Poor Marika couldn't think her way out of a paper bag let alone give us a
definition of philosophy. The most annoying thing about her though is her
sloppy writing, which may well result from her sloppy thinking. If you don't
have some rigor, you have got nothing but squishy-squashy, ever the downfall
of all women. She needs to find a sewing circle where she can cackle like a
hen with all the other hens.

Tom Sherman[_3_] November 26th 08 03:06 AM

The Dilemma of Ed Dolan

See http://www.thebricktestament.com/books/holy_trinity.html.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.

marika November 27th 08 12:29 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:1d6dncemrJOzJbHUnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@prairiewave. com...

Poor Marika couldn't think her way out of a paper bag let alone give us a
definition of philosophy. The most annoying thing about her though is her
sloppy writing, which may well result from her sloppy thinking. If you
don't have some rigor, you have got nothing but squishy-squashy, ever the
downfall of all women. She needs to find a sewing circle where she can
cackle like a hen with all the other hens.

Ooo burn....

I bet he imagines me stitching a nice tight miniskirt too

mk5000

"but it was no secret Andre the Giant had a surveillance apartment too : 3A
in 14 Dumont, the Apartment housing couldn't rent out because six children
and their grandmother had died in a fire there a year before. Andre was
obsessed with the dope crew that worked the side of the Dumont projects,
unlike the Fury, who liked hitting the Weehawken side, Strike's side. But
Andre was a free-range knocko; he could show up anywhere, anytime, and he
could see the benches just fine from Dumont"--Clockers, Richard Price

marika November 27th 08 12:32 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:CtidnR8t0b1wN7HUnZ2dnUVZ_tfinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

Ed has a crush on me.

Get some smarts and who knows?

wait, if I get SMARTS you will have a crush on me? There's a better chance
of this.

OOOOO boy, it's time to dumb down

But if there's one thing I don't want from him is thinking I exist

You only exist ever so briefly as a phantom when I read your messages on
Usenet.

see my previous statement above for clarification about need for you to
perceive I exist

mk5000

"We came from Bethlehem, Georgia, bearing Betty Crocker cake mixes into the
jungle," ==Barbara Kingsolver, Poisonwood Bible

Edward Dolan November 27th 08 12:39 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"marika" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:1d6dncemrJOzJbHUnZ2dnUVZ_jednZ2d@prairiewave. com...

Poor Marika couldn't think her way out of a paper bag let alone give us a
definition of philosophy. The most annoying thing about her though is her
sloppy writing, which may well result from her sloppy thinking. If you
don't have some rigor, you have got nothing but squishy-squashy, ever the
downfall of all women. She needs to find a sewing circle where she can
cackle like a hen with all the other hens.

Ooo burn....

I bet he imagines me stitching a nice tight miniskirt too

I imagine you being raped by a big black Negro. That would cure you forever
of your idiotic liberal fantasies - you god damn ****ing female bitch!

And put a period at the end of your sentences - you freaking moron!

marika November 27th 08 12:40 AM

The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:orSdnW6Jzd6hM7HUnZ2dnUVZ_qjinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

I am saying they were one and the same.

no one cares what you are saying. That's not what we were talking about

They were both far left ideologies bent on mass murder.

pay attention

You do not have brains enough to edit my words.

and yet I possess a pointing device and a finger

Either leave them in full or go **** yourself!

Can I do both. Why does it have to be in the alternative.

As for what you are talking about, who the hell ever knows.

Ed,, your a retard, you could never understand what I was talking about

You seem to have a constipation of the mind.

It's yet somehow better than the condition you suffer from, which is no mind
whatsoever, which is what I generally pay, vis a vis you, except when
totally bored and need some amusement from the circus freak

It is better to say a bit too much than a bit to little.

Follow my example and you will never go wrong.

attacking wildly incorrectly.
Stalking mercilessly?

which one of the several other miscreant and malfeasant deeds do you want me
to emulate?
There's just too much bad example to decide which to folow net

Why not make yourself useful and tell us what this lester-mosley **** is
all about?

I'll say what I have said a billion times.
He's a young man who lives in Roanoke.
what else would you like to know.

mk5000

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...judson_190.jpg