CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   size of a frame... (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=1522)

Maras January 26th 04 09:10 PM

size of a frame...

Hi!

I come from Poland - I'm sorry for my English...

I have one question to You.

What do You think, which size of frame(MTB) would be good for me:
My predispositions:
- height 197 cm = 77,55 inches
- length of the leg (from heel to groin) 98 cm = 38,58 inches
- lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle without lenght of
the longest finger!) 75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches
- lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit until the end of the longest
finger) 86-88 cm = 33,85-34,64 inches
- lenght of the trunk (from pelvisbone to collarbone; inhalation/exhalation)
50/55 cm = 19,68/21,65 inches

which size of frame should I choose to: (MTB frame)
- XC/sport ride
- sth like hmmmm.... between XC and globetrotter/travel ride - normal ride
through forests....
- typical globetrotter/travel, "light" ride

Thank You for any informations and advices

Marek Nawrocki
Poznan-Poland-Biker

David Kerber January 26th 04 09:43 PM

size of a frame...

In article , says...

Hi!

I come from Poland - I'm sorry for my English...

Your English is great; far better than my (any other language you care
to name, though I do read/write a little French)!

I have one question to You.

What do You think, which size of frame(MTB) would be good for me:
My predispositions:
- height 197 cm = 77,55 inches
- length of the leg (from heel to groin) 98 cm = 38,58 inches
- lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle without lenght of
the longest finger!) 75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches

Probably about as big as you can find.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Bruce Lange January 27th 04 02:59 AM

size of a frame...

Maras,

I agree with Dave, probably the biggest you can find. Test ride one if you
have the opportunity.

If you have the money for a custom bike (US $1500 or more) you might try
Zinn Cycles in Boulder, CO, USA.
Dial to the USA then 303-499-4349.

http://www.zinncycles.com

Even if you don't have the money for a custom bike, contact them. They can
probably answer your questions better than just about anyone else.

Bruce Lange

or

Bruce Klimaszewski - (if my great-grandfather had not changed his name)

Denver, Colorado, USA cyclist

David L. Johnson January 27th 04 03:43 AM

size of a frame...

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:10:23 +0100, Maras wrote:

- height 197 cm = 77,55 inches
- length of the leg (from heel to groin) 98 cm = 38,58 inches
- lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit to knuckle without lenght of
the longest finger!) 75-77 cm = 29,52-30,31 inches
- lenght of the arm (from the center of armpit until the end of the longest
finger) 86-88 cm = 33,85-34,64 inches
- lenght of the trunk (from pelvisbone to collarbone; inhalation/exhalation)
50/55 cm = 19,68/21,65 inches

which size of frame should I choose to: (MTB frame)
- XC/sport ride

As big as you are, you would probably benefit from a custom-fit bike, in
whatever type frame you want. I*can recommend Mark Hickey at
http://www.habcycles.com/ Great prices for titanium frames.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
_`\(,_ | little statesmen and philosophers and divines. --Ralph Waldo
(_)/ (_) | Emerson

Maras January 27th 04 06:38 PM

size of a frame...

Thanks

Do you think 23,5'' MTB will be good for me?
Wasn't it too big for me?
I heard that frame should (better responsive) be a little bit smaller?
I ride rather normal - not radical XC and radical globetrotter .;)

My bike-club www.cyklista.prv.pl on the left NASZ TEAM and at
the bottom (next to last) Marek Nawrocki - it's me :-)) and too small
frame.. ;)

--

P_O_Z_D_R_O_W_E_R_Y
pozbiker maras

Maras January 27th 04 06:41 PM

size of a frame...

$1500 = Oh my God.... ;-))

thanks. I will write to "zinncycles" ;-))

Poznan, Poland, Maras pozbiker www.cyklista.prv.pl NASZ TEAM Marek
Nawrocki

--

P_O_Z_D_R_O_W_E_R_Y