CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Canberra Tour cancelled for 2008 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=178664)

Bean Long February 13th 08 01:48 AM

Canberra Tour cancelled for 2008

Received this the other day. For those who are interested or had planned
on coming to Canberra...

A message from CCC President, John May:
__________________

Hi,

It is with considerable regret that I have to announce that
the Canberra Tour will not take place in 2008. Unfortunately we have
been unable to find a race director, and there is now not enough time
left to organise the event. This is doubly regrettable given the
outstanding success of last year’s event, which was our best ever. The
Canberra Cycling Club apologises for this disappointment, and we trust
that it is not too late too re-direct your training efforts to other
events. We look forward to being back, bigger and better, in 2009. Thanks,

John

John May
President
Canberra Cycling Club