CycleBanter.com

-   -   Time for car tests (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=257582)

Simon Jester June 15th 19 02:55 PM

Time for car tests

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground.

jnugent June 17th 19 12:48 AM

Time for car tests

On 15/06/2019 14:55, Simon Jester wrote:

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground.

You'd been in the pub ever since since opening time, eh?

Simon Jester June 17th 19 08:10 PM

Time for car tests

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:48:18 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/06/2019 14:55, Simon Jester wrote:

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground..

You'd been in the pub ever since since opening time, eh?

I haven't been in a pub other than to dine since I was a student in the 80's.
Are you allowed alcohol on the ward?

jnugent June 18th 19 02:36 AM

Time for car tests

On 17/06/2019 20:10, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 12:48:18 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/06/2019 14:55, Simon Jester wrote:

Since motorists seem unable to grasp simple rules of the road such and Red Means Stop or Pavements are for Pedestrians, I think they should have to pass a test before we allow them on to our roads.

First they should take a theory test to show they have at least basic knowledge of the Highway Code. I understand that would involve teaching them to read, which is probably impossible in 99% of cases. Then they should have to take a road test to show they can put theory in to practice. Just as unlikely as it would involve a motorist taking it's knuckles off the ground.

You'd been in the pub ever since since opening time, eh?

I haven't been in a pub other than to dine since I was a student in the 80's.

.... so you prefer drink at home, alone.

It's a slippery slope.

Are you allowed alcohol on the ward?

I have no information on that.

I'd have thought you'd be the one to who know.