CycleBanter.com

-   Unicycling (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Arrow "wide bit" 24x3 dh tire (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=187334)

MuniAddict June 5th 08 07:45 PM

Arrow "wide bit" 24x3 dh tire

Does anyone have/use this tire for MUni? Since the "Intense" DH 24x3
(what I have now) has apparently been discontinued, I was wondering if
anybody has tried the Arrow "wide bit" 24x3 dh tire for MUni. What is
uncertain is whether it is a "true" 3" wide tire. Please click this
link and read the specs, where it says the tire lists 3.0 on the
sidewall, but actually measures 2.7. Is this typical, in that pretty
much all tires measure less when they are off the rim?

http://tinyurl.com/3wmcyu

--
MuniAddict

*'www.unigeezer.com' (http://www.unigeezer.com)

*

forrestunifreak June 5th 08 07:56 PM

Arrow "wide bit" 24x3 dh tire

I don't think any tire is actually a true 3", although it depends on the
width of the rim you have it on.

But yeah, I believe the Arrow Wide Bite is another good 3" tire, but I
haven't used it myself.

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

MuniAddict June 5th 08 08:01 PM

Arrow "wide bit" 24x3 dh tire

forrestunifreak wrote:
I don't think any tire is actually a true 3", although it depends on the
width of the rim you have it on.

But yeah, I believe the Arrow Wide Bite is another good 3" tire, but I
haven't used it myself.

I have a Large marge 65mm rim. The only other tire I have is a duro 3.0,
but I greatly prefer the Intense; it's the perfect cross between the
Duro and the gazz! I bought it used and after tons of riding it stilll
has decent tread, but I'd sure like to have another one! :)