CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   OT - Clothes (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=232655)

T°m Sherm@n November 27th 11 03:59 PM

OT - Clothes

On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:
This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).

I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:
http://images.motorcycle-superstore....nted-Boots.jpg

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Dan O November 28th 11 03:37 AM

OT - Clothes

On Nov 27, 7:59 am, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:

This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).

I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...

My first bike-specific clothing (after helmet) was a well-used pair of
these:

http://www.classicboots.com/moto/details/f-bore01.htm

T0m Sherm@n November 28th 11 04:29 AM

OT - Clothes

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

The looks of SiDi boots have certainly changed - these are what I use
for cool weather and rain riding:
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2011-Sidi-Cobra-Rain-Boots-Black.jpg.

Lorica uppers (just like SiDi cycling shoes).

As a fan of Holstein-Frisian cows, I am sad that this color combination
and Gore-Tex is not available:
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2011-Sidi-Cobra-Boots.jpg.
Oh well, the white is probably a PITA to keep clean.

(PeteCresswell) November 28th 11 04:12 PM

OT - Clothes

http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/wh...-be-black.html
--
PeteCresswell

T0m Sherm@n November 28th 11 09:53 PM

Shorts for Cycling?

On 11/28/2011 10:12 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/wh...-be-black.html

Why such shorts should not be worn in public.

thirty-six November 28th 11 10:38 PM

Shorts for Cycling?

http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/wh...ould-always-be...

http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...maksymenko.jpg

Mike Vandeman[_4_] November 29th 11 12:47 AM

OT - Clothes

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

You can't, if you are gay.

Mike Vandeman[_4_] November 29th 11 04:34 AM

OT - Clothes

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

We all agree on that.

T0m Sherm@n November 29th 11 07:21 AM

OT - Clothes

$southslope.net" wrote:
[...]

Hey Mikey,

Is that something you learned in JAIL?

How does it feel to have a criminal record?