CycleBanter.com

-   -   Terminator on the wrong side of the road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=252304)

Alycidon January 21st 16 03:12 PM

Terminator on the wrong side of the road

QUOTE:
"Arnold Schwarzenegger has been spotted cycling in Edinburgh on the wrong side of the road headlong into oncoming traffic.

The driver of the number 36 bus must have had the shock of his life when he saw the action hero pedalling towards him on the wrong side of the road.

However, the 68-year-old Terminator star wasn't doing his own stunts for a movie, he simply appears to have forgotten that we drive - and cycle - on the left in the UK."

http://road.cc/content/news/176019-a...road-edinburgh

MrCheerful January 21st 16 03:19 PM

On 21/01/2016 15:12, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:
"Arnold Schwarzenegger has been spotted cycling in Edinburgh on the wrong side of the road headlong into oncoming traffic.

The driver of the number 36 bus must have had the shock of his life when he saw the action hero pedalling towards him on the wrong side of the road.

However, the 68-year-old Terminator star wasn't doing his own stunts for a movie, he simply appears to have forgotten that we drive - and cycle - on the left in the UK."

http://road.cc/content/news/176019-a...road-edinburgh

Lots of cyclists do that, he was just copying what he sees. You come
from Hull, you may have seen it locally:

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/8216-...ail/story.html

jnugent January 21st 16 04:56 PM

Terminator on the wrong side of the road

On 21/01/2016 15:12, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:
"Arnold Schwarzenegger has been spotted cycling in Edinburgh on the wrong side of the road headlong into oncoming traffic.

The driver of the number 36 bus must have had the shock of his life when he saw the action hero pedalling towards him on the wrong side of the road.

However, the 68-year-old Terminator star wasn't doing his own stunts for a movie, he simply appears to have forgotten that we drive - and cycle - on the left in the UK."

http://road.cc/content/news/176019-a...road-edinburgh

Easily done.

I've pulled out of a filling station onto an empty road in rural Germany
and driven a few tens of yards on the left before realising my error.

Less easy in the USA because of LHD hire cars.

Judith[_4_] January 22nd 16 09:27 AM

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 07:12:37 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
"Arnold Schwarzenegger has been spotted cycling in Edinburgh on the wrong side of the road headlong into oncoming traffic.

I do not think that this is news. It happens all over the country - every day
with cyclists.