CycleBanter.com

-   -   Not a flame or troll post, just an observation. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=189164)

It's Chris June 29th 08 08:27 PM

Not a flame or troll post, just an observation.

I don't bother reading more than the first 15 posts in any thread, even
those I myself have started. Why? Because that's about as far as I have
ever gotten before it is consumed with off topic flame posts and
replies.

This group sounds less like a bicycle tech group and more like Orange
County Choppers. r.b.misc is just as bad, but it has it's own group of
resident trolls (many of which are probably the same person under
different monikers) to blame for a lot of that. This group does to, but
many f the flame threads are started by the "decent" posters.

Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3(

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Tom Kunich June 29th 08 10:52 PM

"It's Chris" wrote in message

Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3(

I tend to agree with you Chris. And I also usually only read in a dozen
posts and then give up on a particular thread.

smokey June 30th 08 12:15 AM

Not a flame or troll post, just an observation.

"Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3( "

Good point, I get tired of all the name calling, too.

Smokey

catzz66[_2_] June 30th 08 04:06 PM

It's Chris wrote:
I don't bother reading more than the first 15 posts in any thread, even
those I myself have started. Why? Because that's about as far as I have
ever gotten before it is consumed with off topic flame posts and
replies.

This group sounds less like a bicycle tech group and more like Orange
County Choppers. r.b.misc is just as bad, but it has it's own group of
resident trolls (many of which are probably the same person under
different monikers) to blame for a lot of that. This group does to, but
many f the flame threads are started by the "decent" posters.

Let's stick to the subjects at hand, PLEASE? if you have to insult
people, E-mail them. :-3(

It seems like it is the same people doing it. You could always filter
them out which is what I do. You may miss pertinent things they have to
say, but a lot of the time, the things they say are not that pertinent
anyhow.

Qui si parla Campagnolo July 1st 08 12:40 AM

On Jun 30, 9:06*am, catzz66 wrote:
It's Chris wrote:
[...]

bing, bing, bing we have a winner.

SMS July 1st 08 04:58 PM

catzz66 wrote:

It seems like it is the same people doing it. You could always filter
them out which is what I do. You may miss pertinent things they have to
say, but a lot of the time, the things they say are not that pertinent
anyhow.

Filters are what keep Usenet usable. Can you imagine having to wade
through all the Ex Dxxxx, Txx Sxxxxxx, Fxxxx Kxxxxxxxx, and Mxxx
Vxxxxxxx posts looking for something of value (and how would you know to
believe it even if appeared to be of any value)?! (x's used to avoid
insulting anyone).

Tom Sherman[_2_] July 1st 08 05:27 PM

SMS aka Steven M. Scharf aka The World's Foremost Expert wrote:
catzz66 wrote:

It seems like it is the same people doing it. You could always filter
them out which is what I do. You may miss pertinent things they have
to say, but a lot of the time, the things they say are not that
pertinent anyhow.

Filters are what keep Usenet usable. Can you imagine having to wade
through all the Ex Dxxxx, Txx Sxxxxxx, Fxxxx Kxxxxxxxx, and Mxxx
Vxxxxxxx posts looking for something of value (and how would you know to
believe it even if appeared to be of any value)?! (x's used to avoid
insulting anyone).

Uh huh. Those are about as obvious as Sxxxxx M. Sxxxxx - Txx Wxxxxx
Gxxxxxxx Exxxxx would be in this context.