http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuBstLZINco&NR=1

Without CORRUPTION we could be riding vehicles that did 900 miles per
gallon. NO BS!

Mike A Schwab October 4th 11 08:13 AM

Corruption keeps you from doing 900 miles per gallon

On Oct 3, 8:26*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:
(I know you cyclists believe me because you know you can do 900 miles
with no gas! But hey, we can take a little help from technology for
the not-so-hardcore mundane cyclist. Yes, that's me.)

There are people who could have a comfortable life without telling the
Truth. I'm thinking in terms of actors such as, Sean Penn, Robert
Redford and all the actors/director that made this film possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuBstLZINco&NR=1

Without CORRUPTION we could be riding vehicles that did 900 miles per
gallon. NO BS!

A velomobile with an electric motor should be about 400 mpg.

Opus[_2_] October 4th 11 03:03 PM

Philosopher" wrote:
(I know you cyclists believe me because you know you can do 900 miles
with no gas! But hey, we can take a little help from technology for
the not-so-hardcore mundane cyclist. Yes, that's me.)

There are people who could have a comfortable life without telling the
Truth. I'm thinking in terms of actors such as, Sean Penn, Robert
Redford and all the actors/director that made this film possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuBstLZINco&NR=1

Without CORRUPTION we could be riding vehicles that did 900 miles per
gallon. NO BS!

A velomobile with an electric motor should be about 400 mpg.

We have a guy in the Power Assist Yahoo group that gets 1500-2400-
MPG(e) regularly according to his Cycle Analyst gauge but he augments
his motor with a large amount of leg power. He does his long rides
with a bicycle club's fastest group and uses his motor to go back and
pull dropped riders back into the group, repeatedly, that's when he
gets the higher energy use readings, when they all go at their own
pace is when he gets the better readings, he regularly gets 100 miles
from just under a Kwh of battery capacity.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher October 4th 11 03:19 PM

Philosopher" wrote:
(I know you cyclists believe me because you know you can do 900 miles
with no gas! But hey, we can take a little help from technology for
the not-so-hardcore mundane cyclist. Yes, that's me.)

There are people who could have a comfortable life without telling the
Truth. I'm thinking in terms of actors such as, Sean Penn, Robert
Redford and all the actors/director that made this film possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuBstLZINco&NR=1

Without CORRUPTION we could be riding vehicles that did 900 miles per
gallon. NO BS!

A velomobile with an electric motor should be about 400 mpg.

I knew someone would be curious enough to ask. This piece of
engineering may propel bicycling to the realm of the "easy going"
without making you stupid enough to give up the pedaling. It doesn't
do miles per gallon (gallon of what), but the FOOTPRINT amounts to
900mpg. See video here...

http://www.ridekick.com/

I say easy going because I adopted a "fringe" vehicle (recumbent)
which is awesome except to start. Imagine you accelerate to cruising
speed and then you pedal to squeeze that 12 mile range you got (which
can be increased with more batteries).

I want to get one myself. The question is "WHERE'S THE ROAD?"