CycleBanter.com

-   -   TfL cycling maps (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58214)

Orienteer June 7th 04 01:57 PM

TfL cycling maps

Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a year out of date;
many farcilities built within the last year are missing. Now I recall
speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish? name) of the LCC at Cycle 2003 last
September; he said they had prepared the updates early in 2003 and were
still waiting for TfL to publish them.

John Hearns June 7th 04 06:22 PM

TfL cycling maps

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:57:35 +0000, Orienteer wrote:

Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a year out of date;
many farcilities built within the last year are missing.

The new maps have been out for some time.
They have a picture of a cyclist going past a Pie and Mash shop on the
front.

I'm handing maps out at Burgess Park bike track launch on Saturday.

Just zis Guy, you know? June 7th 04 07:23 PM

TfL cycling maps

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:57:35 GMT, "Orienteer"
wrote in message
:

Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Ditto. Maybe they were waiting for a new print run?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Ben June 8th 04 12:34 AM

TfL cycling maps

"Orienteer" wrote in message
Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a year out of

date;
many farcilities built within the last year are missing. Now I recall
speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish? name) of the LCC at Cycle 2003

last
September; he said they had prepared the updates early in 2003 and were
still waiting for TfL to publish them.

Bogdanowicz, roughly but apparently acceptably pronounced Bog-dan-o-vitch.

Colin McKenzie June 8th 04 09:40 PM

TfL cycling maps

Orienteer wrote:

Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a year out of date;
many farcilities built within the last year are missing. Now I recall
speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish? name) of the LCC at Cycle 2003 last
September; he said they had prepared the updates early in 2003 and were
still waiting for TfL to publish them.

Too right. I sent in a list of corrections well over a year ago and
was told I was too late.

Which part of map 8 are you on? As far as I know the only facility put
in in the Ealing part of the map is the Havelock Road contraflow.
Excitement round Grand Union Village is yet to come.

Colin McKenzie
--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

Orienteer June 9th 04 08:22 AM

TfL cycling maps

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
Orienteer wrote:

Finally got the London cycling maps I requested weeks ago.

Judging by the one for my area (no. 8) they are already a year out of

date;
many farcilities built within the last year are missing. Now I recall
speaking to Tom (unpronouncable Polish? name) of the LCC at Cycle 2003

last
September; he said they had prepared the updates early in 2003 and were
still waiting for TfL to publish them.

Too right. I sent in a list of corrections well over a year ago and
was told I was too late.

Which part of map 8 are you on? As far as I know the only facility put
in in the Ealing part of the map is the Havelock Road contraflow.
Excitement round Grand Union Village is yet to come.

Colin McKenzie
--

Uxbridge. A large feature missing from the map is: a TfL-funded cycle path
from Ruislip through Ickenham! Construction started well over a year ago and