CycleBanter.com

-   -   Walk with the dog (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256854)

Mr Pounder Esquire December 4th 18 08:46 PM

Walk with the dog

Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black and no
lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

[email protected] December 5th 18 12:25 PM

Walk with the dog

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 11:03:56 AM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black and no
lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

So you saw them readily enough?

QUOTE:
"The invisible cyclist was wearing dark green trousers, a dark blue jacket, dark red socks, dark brown shoes, a dark grey hat and he had Sennheiser earpieces in."

Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] December 5th 18 04:42 PM

Walk with the dog

On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:08:45 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

wrote:
Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black
and no lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do
so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

So you saw them readily enough?

And?

You forgot your usual signature. Could you get your chisel out in time?
(fnark)

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Mr Pounder Esquire December 5th 18 05:13 PM

Walk with the dog

Esquire wrote:
Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black
and no lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do
so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

So you saw them readily enough?

And?

You forgot your usual signature. Could you get your chisel out in
time? (fnark)

I don't have a sig.
Now, go **** yourself.

Simon Jester December 5th 18 06:25 PM

Walk with the dog

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 11:03:56 AM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black and no
lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

How many would you have seen had you been sober?

[email protected] December 5th 18 07:46 PM

Walk with the dog

wrote:
Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black
and no lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do
so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

So you saw them readily enough?

And?

I see many more "one-eyed monster" cars that have duff front lights than unlit cyclists in my area. If anything, cyclists' lights are so bright these days that they are MORE visible than cars, especially if on flash.

Simon Jester December 5th 18 08:07 PM

Walk with the dog

wrote:
Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. It was dark
I counted four footpath riding cyclists ( ******s) dressed in black
and no lights. I would have confronted the filth if practical to do
so.
I did not count any cars on the footpath or driving without lights.

So you saw them readily enough?

And?

Motorists on this group seem to be able to spot unlit cyclists easily.
OTOH cyclists who are lit up like a knocking shop on payday are invisible.